Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hate politics!

MR, you live in the world's most powerful country that supports democracy and the opportunity for every American-born person to run for office. I think people sometimes forget that when they whine and bitch and complain and treat it like supporting a football game. People risk their lives in many other countries to even have the right to cast a vote or have a say in who runs their country. It's a shame that politics is seen as nasty and politicians as dirtbags, because really, it should be something to aspire towards. One day!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Originally posted by dukedogsmom
    Kay, don't you know that's how he gets his fun? Yep, he's such an asSet to PT. Please, everyone, quit feeding him.
    Thank you for helping me make my point.

Please don't turn this into an arguement guys. I really wouldn't like this to turn into it. Thanks!

Politics is part of the joy and pain of living in a democracy.

And now, post-election, we can get down to the harder work of actually trying to make the country a better place for everyone, regardless of their political stripe. Remember, participatory democracy only works if we do participate! Don;t, for example, just whine to your pals, write to your elected representatives - the more local, the better!

And even though this is "the Dog House" it is still part of Pet Talk, and we should all treat each other with respect.

All the time.

Yes, I mean you.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Karen
    Politics is part of the joy and pain of living in a democracy.

And now, post-election, we can get down to the harder work of actually trying to make the country a better place for everyone, regardless of their political stripe. Remember, participatory democracy only works if we do participate! Don;t, for example, just whine to your pals, write to your elected representatives - the more local, the better!

And even though this is "the Dog House" it is still part of Pet Talk, and we should all treat each other with respect.

All the time.

Yes, I mean you.

Thank you.
    I didn't think I was being disrespectful. I'm sorry if I was....I didn't mean to, it just seemed to make me upset and confused, and I thought I would mention it. I'm sorry....

Miranda, I can't help but think that Karen meant "you", as in anyone who was reading her message, not "you", personally. I'm not trying to answer for her, obviously, but I think maybe you didnt realize that she meant ALL of us.

Logan

Originally posted by Logan
    Miranda, I can't help but think that Karen meant "you", as in anyone who was reading her message, not "you", personally. I'm not trying to answer for her, obviously, but I think maybe you didnt realize that she meant ALL of us.

Logan
    Oh I hope so....I figured maybe she was talking about me, to me, because I started the thread.