Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate politics!

I hate politics!

I hate, hate, HATE it! I am so sick of everyone saying nasty things about people who voted for this one or that one, and saying nasty things about each canidate! I am so sick of it. All it ever does is make people upset, worried, confused, etc. and thats something I do NOT like to deal with at all! I worry and stress out easily, and with all this political talk, I freak out! I know I am totally pathetic, but I just HAD to vent, because its driving me NUTS! Ok....I'm done.

You're not alone. I'm sure we're all feeling that way, no matter who we support or what our political views are
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Miranda, you're not totally pathetic. Everyone is feeling stressed out in one way or another today. That's why we have a democracy. I voted for Kerry. The people spoke, and the President got a majority of the electoral votes as well as a majority of the popular vote. That's how it's supposed to work. We all just need to be adults now and put the bitterness behind us and try to work together to make America a better place, and to make the world a better place. I'm encouraged by how many people got out and voted - more than since 1968. (I was 4 that year). That's democracy in action. People on both sides of the fence who are stressed or upset or rejoicing are deeply and passionately committed to our country - and that's a good thing. If nobody gave a damn, we'd be in a much sorrier situation.

Don't worry - it'll all be ok.

Peace,
    Tina

I get stressed and down about all of it too Miranda, that's a big reason I just don't get involved in debates with people about it. People can and do get personally hurt by all of it, and long after the elections are over, those hurtful things said and done remain with a person. I don't want to be responsible for hurting someone and I don't want to be hurt either so I generally keep to myself with my feelings on it all. I discuss it with my husband because we have a lot of the same feelings on it all, and I know he won't turn it into something personal even if we do have different views on something.

This isn't directed just at the Doghouse discussions at Pet Talk but at political conflict that has been all around us, everywhere we go.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Originally posted by jazzzytina
    We all just need to be adults now and put the bitterness behind us and try to work together to make America a better place, and to make the world a better place. I'm encouraged by how many people got out and voted - more than since 1968. (I was 4 that year). That's democracy in action. People on both sides of the fence who are stressed or upset or rejoicing are deeply and passionately committed to our country - and that's a good thing. If nobody gave a damn, we'd be in a much sorrier situation.

Don't worry - it'll all be ok.

Peace,
    Tina
    Hear hear!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

It's okay. Just remember - believe whatever you want to believe. If someone asks you about your beliefs, tell them about them. But don't go around telling other people that their opinions are wrong and that they're stupid for not thinking what you think. Everyone's entitled to say and think whatever they'd like. People can have debates without them turning into fights - case and point, my 'separation of church and state' conversation with Maresche this morning.

So don't get stressed. Take the higher road, state your beliefs if you'd like, listen to what others say and that's that. There is no need to degenerate into name-calling, nit-picking, view-bashing fights.

Very well said, Tina and I agree totally! I just hope that those on both sides who have in the past chosen to pursue a path of divisivness, rethink this destructive course of action.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Yeap, I'm just like you, I hate politics!

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Miranda Rae, this is exactly the thing I fear about our nation's young people (our future leaders) when we have "ugly" elections like this one has been. 2000's Presidential Election was the same way. Your points are valid because it is hard to swallow. But you know what? Regardless of the outcome, Americans have continued to have the right to speak out and express their feelings. Some of us vote one way, some the other. We continue to thrive and survive, regardless and we're going to continue to do so. Speaking up is the BEST possible thing, and educating yourself as you have done is too!

Hang in there.

Logan

The normal discussing the canadites (did I spell that wrong? ), and having a civil discussion on how they want so and so to win, doesn't stress/upset me that bad, its the name calling, degrading etc of the candadites and people who voted for someone they didn't want to win that stresses/upsets me.

That's not politics. Politics is simply who gets what, when, ad how. Don't hate politics, hate pettiness.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I think people are more apt to be mean and say hurtful things on a board such as this because of the anonymity. At my office there are only 7 employees (six girls and one male boss). At the outset of the election campaign we all pretty much knew who was voting for who (my boss and I were Bush supporters and the others were for Kerry). We kept politics out of most of our discussions and if it did crop up it was handled in a more thoughtful way. Today at work there was no gloating and no bashing. It's called r-e-s-p-e-c-t and I think there would be more of it here at Pet Talk if we were all in a room together and people weren't just firing off insults from a keyboard.

Miranda Rae welcome to the world of politics and elections - not always a pretty thing but we are all Americans and we will survive!

Curiouser and curiouser

Interesting how somebody posted here in agreement to the first post while unashamedly bashing a political candidate in another thread.

Re: Curiouser and curiouser

Originally posted by jcsperson
    Interesting how somebody posted here in agreement to the first post while unashamedly bashing a political candidate in another thread.

Must you come here JUST to start things!?

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Kay, don't you know that's how he gets his fun? Yep, he's such an asSet to PT. Please, everyone, quit feeding him.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06