Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brand New Story

Brand New Story

Bleh... it's pretty bad right now, but here it is so far:

Hilary looked at her empty bedroom. Her eyes glanced over her perfect hardwood floor, her sky blue walls with the scuffmark in the corner where her best friend Raechel had fallen off the bed and her shoe had scraped the wall. A few boxes remained in her room near the door. She switched off the light and her hand touched over the blue cloud light switch cover. She put her hand to her mouth and grabbed a screwdriver from the table in the hallway. She carefully removed the screws and put the light switch plate in her front hoodie pocket.
    “Hil, come on. I’m getting really impatient. Is there anything else you need?” her mom barked from down the hall. Smoking had scarred her mom’s raspy voice and she sounded like an old dog.
    “No, I’m ready.” Hilary said quietly. She stuck her hands into her hoodie pocket and rubbed them together to make them warm. The heat had been shut off since no one had lived here for almost 3 months. Her hands touched the plate, then a note her boyfriend Noah had given her just this morning. She hadn’t read it; she didn’t want to start crying again.
    Hilary was leaving her small hometown of Yonstead, Massachusetts. Hilary’s mother was snatching Hilary from her friends because she believed that Hilary wasn’t in the right crowd. She though taking Hilary away from the people that often influenced her would make her change. Two states away is a long way from home.
    Hilary had lost her dad when she was six, and now at age 16, it had been 10 years since she had lost him, but she could never forget him. He was a tall, dark haired man, and that’s what attracted him to Hilary’s mother, Judith. Hilary’s dad, William, was three years older than Judith, but they were so much in love. Hilary remembered as a child that her mother and father held each other all the time. William was afraid of losing Judith. William’s father had died when William was 28, and even at age 39, he could never forget his own father the way Hilary never forgot hers.
    William had found Judith on May 25th, 1991. Judith was having coffee at the coffee shop next door to where William worked; the Hillman’s Grocery Store. William went to the coffee shop every day just to admire Judith. Finally getting enough nerves, William asked Judith out to dinner, and that was the start of a lifelong relationship the two hoped to share.
    Then, 10 years after their marriage in 1993, William was diagnosed with lung cancer. Growing up, his mother smoked, just as Judith had while they were dating. He always looked past that, and saw Judith for what she was, not what she did. But, just as the cancer was in remission, he was in a terrible car accident.

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

I like it! Can you have a caractor named abby in it after me puhleeeze!

"Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday." - unknown author

Sure. If I can fit you in somewhere, I will!

twitter.

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Here's more:

A drunk driver was out on the highway as William was coming home from work late one Friday night. He struck him head on, with no warning. Judith and Hilary got the phone call early Saturday morning. They brought home a few things recovered from the scene of William’s. One of the things was a large, sturdy, metal case. On the outside was a singed red bow and a card. The card said, “To my baby girl, Hilary.” Hilary couldn’t bear to open the case, she could barely open the card. The case stood unopened since her father had passed 8 months ago.
    It was now July of 2004. After her father had died in December, Hilary’s mom had started smoking heavier, and drinking more. People had accused her countless times that she was the one that nearly killed William with all of her smoking. She cried countless nights, and now she was hating Hilary for everything. And making Hilary move was the worst of them all.
    “Let’s get out of here.” Her mom stammered. “Too many memories.”
    Hilary got into their beat up pick-up truck and slammed the door. While she was waiting for her mom, Noah walked up the sidewalk and stopped short of the pickup truck. Hilary looked over at him and opened the door and got out.
    She looked at her feet, and he looked at his. Hilary hated the awkward silence going on.
    “I promise I’ll call you when I get there.” Hilary nearly whispered. She didn’t even want to talk, the mere thought of being 300 miles away crushed her, and she didn’t want to start to cry in front of him again. Noah looked up.
    “Damn, I’m going to miss you, Hil.” He said quietly. For the first time in their year and a half relationship, she was witnessing Noah cry.

twitter.

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

It sounds great, Megan. I don't think it is bad at all.

Keep on writing, you really have talent.

Yay I'm gonna be in it! Thanks! Keep writing more I really like it and can't wait to hear the rest of it! You have a talent!

"Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday." - unknown author

I really like it too..I hope you add to it soon!
    Jamie

“Noah, please don’t cry. It’ll be okay, please.” Hilary said. Soft, heavy tears flowed down Hilary’s cheeks, Noah’s tears connecting with hers when she hugged him. His cries, muffled by Hilary’s jacket, would stay in Hilary’s heart forever.
    All she could do was cry with him, tell him it would be okay, and hug him. Hilary’s mom came outside and got in the driver’s seat.
    “Let’s go!” she screamed.
    “Listen,” Hilary said, focusing on Noah. She put her hands on his cheeks and said, “I’ll be back. Don’t cry anymore, okay? Please, Noh. I’ll be back. I’ll walk if I have to.” She kissed him once more and got in the car. She put her seatbelt on and turned back to watch Noah drift away from her.
    “I can’t believe you’re doing this to me. You make my life a living hell.” Muttered Hilary.
    “I don’t care. If you wouldn’t be hanging out with that boy and those stupid friends you have, you wouldn’t be in this situation.” She pulled a cigarette out of the box and stuck it in her mouth unlit. I instinctively pulled my sweater over my nose.
    “Oh stop it. I have always smoked and you have never had a problem with it.” She complained.
    “Until dad was diagnosed. I hope you know you’re killing me.” I said, bluntly.
    “Don’t you dare say that to me again.” She said, and we stopped talking.
    All of our things had already been moved to my home in Bridgeport. My hands lightly touched the note folded in my pocket. She rested her feet on the dashboard and pulled out the note. On the front was Hilary’s name with a heart over the I. She slowly opened it and read.
    “Hil-
    Hey girlie… you’re probably reading this at your old house or as you’re driving away from Yonstead forever. I know you told me you wouldn’t be gone forever, but I can’t help but feel like I’ve lost you. You know I love you, and I really hope you can make it back. You know I have my driver’s license… once you call me and tell me your new address, you know I’m on my way. Please, please, please don’t forget about us, Hil. We all love you so much…
    Love forever and a day,
    Noah

twitter.

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Bump.

twitter.

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

That's great, Meg!

Thats awseme!

Hilary swallowed the lump in her throat determined not to cry. She rested her elbow on the window and stared out at the passing scenery. It was all moving so fast. Her cell phone vibrated in her pocket. She looked at the screen and saw that her best friend Abby had text-messaged her. She smiled for the first time in a week.
    She flipped open her phone and saw the message.
    Hil- Call me when you can! I miss ya girl! <3Abs
    Hilary grinned from ear to ear and closed her phone. She wrote herself a mental note to call Abby when they stopped.
    About twenty minutes later, they stopped at a gas station to get lunch.
    “Get your own. I only have a few dollars.” Her mom yelled. Hilary’s hand grabbed the wad of bills she had in her pocket. She had over 300 dollars, all saved from babysitting cousins and her part-time job last summer. She had never told her mom how much she had, because she knew her mom would want it. Hilary got out of the car and stretched. Her mom had already gone in and was at the check-out.
    “Hurry up.” Her mom said as she passed her on her way in.
    “Mom, I have to pee. Just hold on.” Hilary said, annoyed. She sighed and walked to the back of the empty gas station. The bathrooms were hot and sticky; the gas station had no air conditioning. Hilary’s nose wrinkled as she inhaled the smell of sweat and mold. She closed her eyes and plunged into a stall.
    Not soon after, she came back out and went to check for her mom. The car was gone. Hilary started breathing fast, and her eyes darted around the empty parking lot.

twitter.

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

c'mon, I'm on the edge of my seat!! more! more! It's a really good story!!

“Are you lookin’ for someone, Miss?” the old man behind the counter asked.
    “I—uh…” Hilary began. Where the heck was her mom? Hilary pulled out her cell phone and dialed her mom’s cell phone number. No answer. Hilary went outside and sat on a bench ten yards away from the gas station. Hilary felt like crying. She hated her mom, but she hated her even more for stranding her in the middle of nowhere. Hilary picked up her cell phone again and called Noah.
    “Noh?” she asked. “Noah, it’s me, Hilary.” She began.
    “Hil? Where are you? Are you there already?” he asked, obviously puzzled.
    “No, my mom totally ditched me at this crazy gas station.” Hilary said.
    “What?”
    “I went in to go to the bathroom and came back and she was gone. Damn it, Noah. Why the hell did she leave me here?” Hilary began to cry.
    “Hil, shh. It’s okay. Do you know where you are? I’m coming to find you.” He said, reassuringly.

twitter.

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!!!