Thread: 2 year old cat "misses" the litter box??

2 year old cat "misses" the litter box??

My cat Macy keeps "missing" the litter box with her presents...I never find pee anywhere either.. but I find little presents on the outside of the box... - in the kitchen, sometimes in the living room. I never see her squat there, it's like she takes it out of the litter box? I even bought a larger litter box and I clean it everyday yet this continues to happen for the past few months.

Anyone have any insight as to why she would do this?
    cats are forever.

I cant believe that no one posted to my question? Did i say something offensive?
    cats are forever.

nothing offensive - I have just found that most people only check the Cat General Forum - try posting there and you will undoughtedly get more responses - sorry I don't know what to say but I'm sure others will know more. Debbie

Aprilyn

There's no offense. Cat General has been unusually active lately and I think many have missed your post.

I've never heard of a cat taking anything out of a litter box.

I don't have any truly sage advice for you, but here's a place for info:

http://www.ddfl.org/behavior/litter_box_problems.htmhttp://www.ddfl.org/behavior/litter_box_problems.htm

My little RB tiger also had litter box problems. I solved it by having two boxes.

Also, some cats hate certain types of litter. You might try a second box with some other type of litter.

Good luck to you!

I don't wander over here to often (one of those cat general people)...

Sometimes I have found presents when the box was to small for the cat. I had one that was so big that she missed the box every time.

Also if it is a small cat, it may have trouble getting into a large box.

Also, with long haired cats, I have found that sometimes their "presents" get stuck in their fur and fall off (or is pulled off by the cat) in odd places. Have to clip fur if that is the case and they sure don't like you messing around back there with scissors!

Sometimes they do not like the kind of litter you get and that is how they let you know their displeasure!

I have a handicapped girl, Amy and she sometimes just can not get into the box so she deposites her presents in front of the one she likes to use.. Solution to that, I got her a puppy litter box.

Also, I would suggest if it is covered, uncover it! If it isn't covered, cover it.. She is trying to tell you something and it will be trial and error until you figure out what it is she is trying to tell you.

I understand the point that she only does # 2 outside the box, my guess is something spooked her when she was in there doing her # 2 of the day.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Sometimes my cats just miss their litter box too. I think that it is fairly normal and may just be a mistake.