Thread: Vampires

Vampires

I was watching a show on the Travel Channel not too long ago that focused on where you could find real vampires. I was shocked to discover that here in Austin, there's a hair salon called "Wet" that's a salon by day, and a vampire lair by night.

Apparently, when there's a full moon, the "vampires" will drink the blood of a virgin (a willing participant...not against anyones will) because it cleanses the body and soul of the person drinking the blood.

Now personally I don't find this too terribly disturbing, but there's no way I could ever do it.

Do you know any vampires, or know of where they hang out in your city?

I've done a little research on vampire's. There's the one's that drink the blood like you discribed then there are one's called phsycic vampires. They have an ability to drain energy from their participant. The participant is then left lethargic and emotionally exhausted. I think of this every time I have a difficult client that leaves me exhausted.
    www.goldengreyhounds.com
    Let their last race be into your life!

Yup, as Dr. Phil refers to them, "emotional vampires!" I've got LOTS of them in life

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

California is said to be Vampire Country.

I do believe Vampires exist, and I have researched them.

An "Awakening" is something that happens over time to someone who is/could be a vampire. It's nothing supernatural. Basically, they just become more sensitive to light, they can't withstand extreme heat and cold temperature changes, have certain cravings, etc.

They also have what they call covens, where vampires of usually the same ages get together and have meetings.

The people who are willing to be "fed off of" are called donors. They don't just "feed" during a full moon, it happens constantly.

There are two types of vampires. One type feeds on blood, and the other type feeds on energy, or sometimes even both. They don't just consume blood and/or energy, they eat regular food just like people do.

They're not immortable. They could die just like any other human being can. It's been thought that they're able to live longer than "regular" humans, but it's not been proven.

To each his own.. this is just what I believe. Take it as you wish.

I've never really thought about it, I've never believed in them much, guess i should do some research... GoldenRetrLuver, I just realized you are from LA! me too!