Thread: getting kitty fixed

getting kitty fixed

Just wondering how much you guys paid to get your cats fixed?

This is the first kitty me and my fiancee have had an an indoor kitty...

really not sure what the average is on it, I've heard some horror stories about cost and stiches coming out.

I have two new kittens who will be spayed (Rumor) and neutered (Rocky) the first of January. My vet charges $83 to spay and $69 to neuter and that includes an overnight stay at the vets. There is a low cost spay and neuter clinic in a neighboring county who charges $35 to do either. You drop them off at 8 am and pick up at 5 pm same day. Hubby wants me to take them there to save money but I'm sticking with my vet who I am familiar with and trust.

From Decker with Love

I work at a vet and we charge $97 for the spay and anesthesia. Its about $30 for pain medicine (highly recommended) and $20 if the kitty needs antibiotics.

They don't stay overnight and the stitches are dissolvable.

Let us know when your little one will be having her surgery and we'll think good thoughts for her.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I just had my cat Boy Band neutured and it cost me $240.00. The neutering itself only cost $74.00, but with the anesthesia, and pain meds...the price was quickly elevated!

Actual cost for Skinny's surgery was $25.
    Pain meds, anesthesia, exam, surgery, first round of shots, tests, meds the total bill was $164.25
    He came home same day.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

It is costing us $35 to get L & L neutered. That is "stray cat" cat price at the vet I am using for the boys. It costs me $198 for Samantha (spay) but that was because she was already pregnant (again) and required extra stuff.

I have not heard of stitches coming out, had NO problems at all with my girls after surgery. They want to pull on them but after the first day home, they forget the stitches are there. . Don't listen to other people horror stories, most cats do FINE and are back to normal and will amaze you at how well they do!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!