Thread: Back from the white coats...

Back from the white coats...

Hey everyone...

Sushi and I just got back from the white coats. We have good news and not-great news. First the good news - Dr. Alan did the eye drop and black light thing and said that there was no damage to Sushi's eye, which is good, so he attributed it to Sushi's infection of Kirin's cold and gave me antibiotic ointment to put on it 2-3 times a day (should be fun ). Hopefully it works, Dr. Alan sees no reason why it shouldn't.

As for the lump, he said that it wasn't located where lymph glands are so he wants to keep an eye on it. According to the woman who administered his vaccines, she did do it between the shoulder blades so it very well could be VAS (vaccine-associated sarcoma). However, his last round was given either the day before or the morning of when I picked him up, which was only about 10 days ago... so it could just be irritated. I am to bring Sushi and Kirin in for their rabies vaccine in 3 weeks and if the lump hasn't gone down in size or disappeared by then, we'll have to look into it further.

So please pray for Sushi, that it's just an irritation at the site of injection and that it isn't anything more than that. I don't know what I'd do if I lost my baby. I know I've only had him a week and a half but I love him so much already, I'd be devastated if it turned out to be cancer. Pet Talk prayers have made miracles happen. All I ask is that my little guy remain happy and healthy.

Jaime

I will keep Sushi in my prayers. All fingers and claws are crossed that the lump is just an irritant and nothing serious.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

Try not to worry, Jaime. We will all be praying for you and your sweet kitties. I'm sure everything will be just fine! I'm glad you got meds for his eye and I'm sure that will heal right up!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I'm sorry that the babies are sick but I'm glad it's nothing too serious. I really belive that at Sushi's age its probably just from the vaccine. It never hurts to pray and I will add Sushi to my list. Don't worry Meowmie I'm sure everything will be just fine.

Kissies to the sweeties and I hope they are both feeling better real soon.

Thanks guys. I can't help but worry though. I prayed all the way home from the white coats (30 mins.) and I've been walking around the house, straightening things up and praying some more. It is a pretty big lump (about the size of a quarter) so if it did turn out to be cancer, it's the fastest-growing stuff I've ever seen. Sushi's not even four months old, I don't think. *sigh* Anywya, thanks for the prayers. I hope more people see this and add Sush to their lists too.

Thanks!
    A Concerned Mommy

Sorry to hear that the babies are under the weather. I hope they feel better soon.

I'm sure little Sushi will be just fine. But like Lisa said a little prayer never hurts.

So sending my prayers from Canada that all turns out well.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Why in the world are they still giving shots between the shoulder blades!!!?

Prayers coming for Sushi.
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I send my best thoughts to Sushi!

It is a little late to say that and you had absolutely no influence on that but please make sure that your kitties are never vaccinated in the shoulder. It shouldn't be done anymore like that

Edit: Kim, great minds think alike.

Yeah, that's what Dr. Alan said. He said that they only give shots in the hind legs so if, God forbid, they were to develop VAS or some other complication from them, they could amputate the leg.

They both seem to be feeling their wheaties right now - they're currently beating the snot out of each other.
    Last edited by Samantha Puppy; 10-25-2004 at 03:04 PM.

That is a good sign. Maybe it is just swelling and will go down. Keep us updated ok Jamie?

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

I thought his eye might be cold related. It sounded an awful lot like Jazz's did. As for the lump, fingers and paws crossed here that it's nothing serious.

From Decker with Love

Prayers sent!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please try not to worry too much.

Prayers coming your way.

I hope it's nothing to serious