Thread: Argh...I got a stupid parking ticket!

Argh...I got a stupid parking ticket!

My husband & I were out tonight looking for a cheap wedding dress that I could wear for Halloween. I found a great deal....only $12.00 & honestly all it was worth. Well, we start walking back towards my car & Matthew goes running towards this tow truck when......"no car!"
    It was parked several blocks away with a $90.00 ticket on it!!!!!
    (So the "cheap" dress I purchased wasn't so cheap after all, it cost me an extra $90.00)
    Life just sucks sometimes!!!! My husband parked at a meter that apparently wasn't to be used between the hours of 3:00-5:30 p.m. The bad part is there was NO SIGN posted in the front & we put money into that meter.

AGH......And I thought things we going to start looking up, darn it!
    Tina

oh god, for a second i thought someone stole your car or something!

Teenster,

You might want to contest the ticket, seeing as there were no signs telling you NOT to park there during a certain time AND you put money in the meter, it seems to me that it's THEIR boo-boo, not yours.

I had that happen to me one time. I parked on the street where the sign said "No parking after 4 pm". I got back to my car and there was a ticket on the windshield. The TIME on the ticket was 3:56 pm. Hellooooooooo???? I guess the cop was a little anxious to get off duty. I went to City Hall (in CT), contested it and won! It's worth a try!

Good luck.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Sorry to hear that.

I agree with moosmom, you should contest it if there was no sign.

Good luck.

From Decker with Love

get a camera and take pictures of the area, then appeal the ticket. i did that once and the traffic magistrate cut the fine in half. $90 is a lot of money. regards, joyce
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

I know how you feel, Tina! Just ours didn't cost that much. There were no signs either! That really sucks!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!