Thread: Information PLEASE?

Information PLEASE?

As a newcomer to PT, I wonder if some of you 'oldies' could enlighten me about some of the things you talk about ie. Rainbow Bridge and Found cats. Obviously I know what a found cat is but in this case are they just furry ones belong to one person or anybody's rescued cats? and I understand where? Rainbow Bridge is...ie on the other side but.....
    I can't tell you how much reading all your messages gives me hope for the future of our Feline Friends. So many people atively hate FFs or are at least ambivelent toward them.

Angie, The Gingercat's mum

ps. How do you attach smilies??? I wish I was 7yrs. My Grandaughter would know how!!

WELCOME to Pet Talk, the most amazing and wonderful board on the internet!! Glad you found your way here and hope you get to stay around while!!

Lets see if I can answer your questions... and others will too, I am sure..

The smileies are on the left LEFT under "YOUR REPLY" box or where you post and actually do the writting... You pick the one you like and click on it, it shows up like : ) for a smile and in your post.

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm
    Go here to check out Rainbow bridge. It is where they go to wait for us when our time comes... (take tissues with you when you go to look at it)

The Found Cats are Catmandu's cats he finds....becoming "Found Cats".... am I right everyone? He rescues cats and does a wonderful job and is just one heck of a sweet guy that we all love here.

There are a lot of people here that are devoted to our feline friends and work really hard to make their lives better. Many miracles have happened here, Birdie being the most recent. Magoo is everyones favorite and his story IS wonderful... There is just to much to mention in one post so someone help me here....

WELCOME (again) to PT and hang around while.. In my siggy, you will see my babies, Chester, Amy (special needs kitty), Giz and Samantha.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

LOL Laura: I was just posting a reply to the RB question but you beat me to it, so I had to start over.

Welcome to Pet Talk. You will love it here and I would like to elaborate on the Found Cats. Catmandu (real name is Gary) does a fantastic job of rescuing kitties and finding home for them. He lives in Eastern Canada. He used to call his humble abode The Lost Cats Hotel but upon further thought, he realized that all the kitties were found so it was renamed The Found Cats Hotel. Gary is one of our dearest members and doesn't hesitate to mail off goodies to unsuspecting Pet Talk kitties. I have been privileged enough to be on the receiving end of such gifts. Gary has no computer at home so he walks to the local library every day, where for 1 hour, he logs on and posts all his stories and updates. He is a cat angel for sure.

The Rainbow Bridge means something different to everybody. I'm very spiritual so I do believe that the RB is near heaven and I plan on going there someday to meet up with all the RB pets.

My real name is Vickie but everyone calls me Slick. Please feel free to do the same. I'm owned by Max (11 yr old Persian) and Speckles (17 yr old Tabbycat). Would love to hear more about any pets you have.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Welcome! Its a wonderful place... you'll catch on in no time. I see you got two answers to your questions already. I have to say that Gary is a most wonderful and beloved Pet Talker (my Pouncer was named in honor of his special girl that passed to the Rainbow Bridge) and he once sent us a kitty carepackage... my daughter wanted to know what on Earth the Found Cats Hotel was! And it is a wonderful place where a kindhearted man loves and cares for some of the luckiest cats in the world.

I just wanted to say Welcome to PT and to also chime in on Gary's praises. He is extremely sweet and is a very big and important part of the PT family, along with so many others here.

I'm sure with a little time you will figure out and pick up much of the lingo. Here's a link to many of the words and phrases used here that Sirrahbed is so kind to keep updated for us.
    PT Cat Dictionary of FURMINOLOGY

From Decker with Love

Typo's because I just read Rainbow Bridge....
    Thiank you for the replies...
    I now look forward t meeting up again with FABLAD,
    THE BEAST, PUFF, POCKET, PPIPPIECAT,
    LILYWHITE (BLESS his HEART&HIS COTTONSOX) NULLI SECUNDUS, SOOSY MOW, PICKLES, OIDYGOIDY, PRETTYGIRL,OWL,
    & three girls who gave birth in my home to 14 kittens, for safety's sake, but were taken back by Cat Protection League for re-homing. I would have kept them all, but needed a chair for my husband and myself to sit.....

ps.Lily got beaten up by every cat inthe neighbourhood, probably because HIS name was LILY, Mum always said he had to continuously protect himself.. This was before the days of sexual liberation and SPEYING!!! also it wasn't very clear when he was named. He was the first cat I remember. He lived with us until he was about 17yrs.... then Mummy said ' he moved down the road...

My Friend Slick,in her thread,described the Found Cats,far better,than I could,and we Thank her,for those kind word! And it is I,whom,are b;lessed,as the Found Cats,have all repaid,me a Million Times,for thier homes,and that makes me,a Wealthier Man,than Bill Gates!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS