Thread: Does your dog take your seat?

Does your dog take your seat?

Every single time I get up, either Chester or Millie takes my spot. Sometimes I only get up for a minute, but when I return there's ALWAYS someone in my place.

I feel bad, so I rarely make them move.

Chester gets in my place so fast, that once I just sort of raised my rear off the cushion to reach my laptop and nearly sat on him!

Do your dogs do this?

No, they usually follow me whenever I get up.

But, whenever my mom gets up both Nala and Kiara jump up on her seat and look for any food crumbs!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

They don't take my seat on the couch, because they have the love seat
    But when Buddy wakes me up at night to let him out, Sierra goes out to, but runs back in the house and beats me back in to bed and is sleeping right in the middle of my side of the bed. So I just squeeze in where ever I can, and normaly wind up with no blanket!! But like you said Micki, I don't want to bother her!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Well, shes not allowed on the furniture but sometimes when I leave she will take my seat. I usually let her because, I dunno its cute and she looks so comfy, oh or else I just sit on her (not in a mean way-I sit where I am not hurting her, and gently) and then she moves. What I really like though is when I am sitting in the rocking chair and I have my fleece blanket on and then she climbs up on my lap and curls into a ball! Aww cute....shes a little big for that, but it makes me feel SO special. She weighs about 60 lbs!!

My dogs follow me around whenever I get up. It is those darn CATS that steal my seat!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

LOL.. Speaking of "sitting" on your dogs..

Whenever Simba is sitting with my dad and my dad gets up, or when Simba is already sitting down and I go to sit with him..

All you have to say is "I'm going to sit on you!" and Simba scoots his bum over to make room!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

If I'm on the couch and get up, most of the time he follows me where I go.

But if I get off the computer chair and he's around he jumps up on it, when I come back he looks too comfortable to move so I sit on the edge of the computer chair. He's laying behind me, falling asleep, then he starts stretching/kicking in his sleep, for a little dog he's quite strong I tell you, almost pushing me off my own chair!

Who would have thought the dog has his own computer chair . LOL if only I could get him to use it more often. I end up using it sometimes because he's snoring all sprawled out on mine.

Nooooo he's not spoiled... ROFL

.:. To love someone is to learn the song in their heart and sing it to them when they have forgotten it .:.

Originally posted by Kfamr
    LOL.. Speaking of "sitting" on your dogs..

Whenever Simba is sitting with my dad and my dad gets up, or when Simba is already sitting down and I go to sit with him..

All you have to say is "I'm going to sit on you!" and Simba scoots his bum over to make room!
    LOL....Heidis too lazy! Sometimes she will be like, "oh ok, your going to sit on, go right ahead"!

Sometimes they take my seat, but not too often.
    Bitsy however always takes Justins pillow when he gets out of bed. She can be sound asleep, he gets up and bam, faster than a bolt of lightning she's on that pillow.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Pepper always does.

If you get up she will take your spot.

----<---<--<{(@

Yep, Lucky steals my chair all the time. When I come back in the room, she won't make eye contact with me.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Toby doesn't, he's got such good manners, bless him

Squid doesn't, because if I get up he follows me.

Ollie does though, as soon as I move he'll be in my seat. He even growls sometimes if you pick him up/ask him to move, when he does that he has to sit on the floor
    Amy & the furkids

Megan takes my seat on the couch sometimes... but in the kitchen, the cats always take our seats!