Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would you like it...

How would you like it...

How would you like it if someone mispronouced or spelled your name wrong? What does this have to do with dogs? I'll tell you: Dalmatians. Its spelled D-A-L-M-A-T-I-A-N. There is no 'O' in Dalmatian. Look it up. Do the breed research. This is just something to think about...
    Dalmatians Rule.

mispronounced or spelled my name wrong? lol to be honest it happens every day of my life. so I guess I dont understand your complaint..
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

im not understanding you complaint either, and same as Cali,it happens to me everyday

Originally posted by cali
    mispronounced or spelled my name wrong? lol to be honest it happens every day of my life. so I guess I dont understand your complaint..
    Ditto.

I hate it though.
    Die-anna, they say to me. (My name is dee-aw-na)

YES! I hate it when people spell Papillon P-A-P-I-L-L-I-O-N. It just really bugs me! There is not an "I" after the last L....only one "I" in PAPILLON!

Originally posted by sammy101
    I'm not understanding you complaint either
    I'm not either T he only thing that really bothers me just a tiny bit is when people call Tollers,Nova Scotia Duck Trolling Retrievers when it should be Tolling, but either way it isn't something that I get angry about or annoyed with really.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

I don't really understand your question, but..

It kind of irks me when people spell "their own breed" wrong, as in a breed they own. Like spelling it German Shepards instead of Shepherds, and so on.

As for *my* name, it's spelled and pronouced wrong all the time, which is why I choose to go by my nickname, Julie.

I am not sure what the big deal is either,,, but I get my name pronounced wrong ALLLL the time,, it doesnt bug me in the least.. In fact,, its kinda funny watching ppl trying to figure it out!!!!

Originally posted by cali
    people mis-spell my name too. sometimes they don't even say it right.lol
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

i think i know what PIPPINtheSHIHTZU's talking about: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...threadid=61882 in the 2nd post.
    Cathy, Sammie, & Maggie

"If you can't decide between a Shepherd, a Setter
    or a Poodle, get them all ... adopt a mutt!" -- ASPCA

even so though, not all people are perfect. Maybe it is a typo, like typing too fast or something, maybe they really know how to spell it right.
    My name is spelled wrong & pronounced wrong all the time, it is not the end of the world.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

people mis-spell my name too. sometimes they don't even say it right.lol
    lol everyone spells my name wrong, generally people spell it "shana" or "shaina" or "shanya" lol for petes sake its "shayna" lol now when I was younger my name was really uncommon its catching on now though so it is mispronounced far less often, but I remeber when I was younger when attendence was takin in the lunch room, the supervisers could never pronounce my name, the whole lunch room knew it by now though, and everyone would shout "ITS SHAY-NAH!" lol that was amusing.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Sometimes when people ask me my name and I will say "Miranda" they will go "Amanda?" nooooo..."M-I-R-A-N-D-A" One time this one guy went, Amanda, and then I said no, Miranda, and then he went, Brenda, and then I went, no Miranda....he finally got the picture.

Originally posted by Miranda_Rae
    One time this one guy went, Amanda, and then I said no, Miranda, and then he went, Brenda, and then I went, no Miranda....he finally got the picture.
    haha! that's pretty funny
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I can understand that people just may not have learned as much about dog breeds, but it bugs me when people spell Chihuahua as "chiwawa".. come on!

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]