Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh Roger! What have you done now??

Oh Roger! What have you done now??

We have a spare laptop that has not been working, but our plan was for it to go to the computer doctor and be repaired so that our children would have a separate computer to use in their own "space". Unfortunately, I didn't close the machine up as I should have, and when I left the birds out one day last week, Roger decided to try and fix it himself. Scott and I have decided that probably no doctor can fix this mess now! The keys were NOT the problem, Roger!!!!!

That same day, all 3 Cockatiels found the cords to our home computer (which happened to be at the computer doctor) and completely chewed through the speaker wires, and made some pretty good messes on the power cord and the mouse cord! Thankfully, the speakers were the only ones to meet their total demise, and my husband, being the sweet man he is, did not propose grilled Cockatiel for dinner.

Wow! Very destructive birds you have there, either that or mischievious. That laptop looks trashed. I'll bet you don't forget to put them up again

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

OMG!!!!! Looks like we have a few NAWTEEBURDEES at Pet Talk.

This is ever so amusing to those of us who have endured torn up shoes, ventilated underwear, chewed partials, and wet spots on the carpeting from our doggies. Who knew that these sweet docile little birdies singing away (zippidy doo da) , were taking notes all the while?
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

ROFLOL! You already told me about this Logan, but to SEE their beak work... OMG! I can't believe they were SO nawteee! Oh, the joys of motherhood

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Ohhhh, MY!!

Looks like maybe he was trying to play SCRABBLE??

/s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

NAW-TEE, ROGER!

When the tiels are by my while I am on the computer, I have to be very careful, it just seems like the cords attract them.

At least he didn't POOP in it!

Did you try to snap the keys back on? On some computers they pop off easily for cleaning reasons.

Nawtee Roger!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
    At least he didn't POOP in it!

Did you try to snap the keys back on? On some computers they pop off easily for cleaning reasons.

Nawtee Roger!
    He pulled off more than the keys, Connie! He even pulled the stuff from underneath the keys!!!!!

Oh my!

Oh Logan I think he was just trying to type out a Pet Talk post and the keys just popped off all by themselves. I find it hard to believe that anyone as handsome as Roger could be the instigator in all of this mess!

Gosh I have only had two parakeets in my life (many, many moons ago!) and the worst they ever did was perch on my bedroom mirror to behold themselves, and when we took down the mirror to paint the room later on we noticed little droppings!

O-M-G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't BELIEVE tiny little ROGER did that!!!!!!!! My goodness!!! Is he that strong??

Maybe I should be more careful with the laptop. Muffin and Popcorn LOVE trying to take the keys off. They haven't succeeded yet because they always try when I'm using it, but I don't think I'm going to let them get near it now. Good gosh!!! Some NAWTEEFIDS you have!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!

Poor laptop.

You know, PCB, this particular computer is the one I was using when we got Roger, and he always loved to try to pry the keys off of it, even way back then, and was even successful a couple of times, pulling one or two off, but NEVER anything like this. And I'm still trying to figure out how he got across the room and on that table to get to that computer! His wings are clipped! But I know it was him because he was perched on the back of the chair when I came home that day. And I didn't even notice what he had done until later when I was sweeping the floor (it is a hardwood floor in this room), and there were all these little black squares and little gray squares on the floor! LOL!! Apparently, while Roger worked on the laptop, Milly and Bennie took care of the wires to the other computer!!!

Oh my goodness . Roger you were busy!! I laughed at Phred's Scrabble idea . I've never owned a laptop but Dawn loves to pick at the keys on my regular keyboard (though she can't get the keys off). Seeing how fascinated she is with my regular keyboard, I'm sure she'd have loved to have played Scrabble with Roger
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    I'm sorry but ROFLMAO! Wehad a cockatoo that was here as a foster until a home came through, and my what a delight 'Birzilla' was. I came home one day to find the whole top of the windowsill frame chewed to splinters. Not an easy thing to replace when the house is close to 75 years old. NAWTEEE Birds!!!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

LOL! And I thoughts dogs were destructive. hehehe
    Now you will have to teach him to put the keys back in.

----<---<--<{(@

WOW

I had no idea birds could be so destructive! I'm sorry but I did get a chuckle out of this...lol! Now I have a picture in my head of Roger trying to play scrabble!

Robin