Thread: Is this healthy?

Is this healthy?

I was on Petfinder and came across this picture of a Maine Coon kitty. Is it healthy for her to look like this?

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?act...=0&tmpl=&stat=

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

Not being a expert, just my uneducated guess... She was probably ate up with fleas when they got her and the itching and scratching made her loose her fur. Samantha had lost a lot of her fur by the time I finally got her and she looked pitiful, you could see the fleas running on her but her fur has come back beautiful since then.

From what they said about her, she must have been one sick girl and health issues will make them look bad too. Give her time and she will bloom like a flower and get beautiful... (I think she is beautiful like she is)

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

If she was matted they may have shaved her. I'm sure with time she will improve!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I'm not sure what exactly you are asking - I at first and still do think she is skinny but so was mine when I picked her up at animal control and look out now - she is getting to be a pig! haha She is finally starting to eat right and leaving dry food behind to eat later. I got Purina One Sensitive sytems formula and she couldn't eat enough of it! This cat though looks to be a mix. She has the markings of a brown tabby and is she a bobtail?? If so her fur looks about right. Debbie

Maine Coon MIX sounds right to me. I don't see anything wrong with her fur. Here's what MY Maine Coon mix looks like. She went from 4 lbs, scrawny, shy, to the most beautiful MCM I've ever seen weighing in at 14 lbs. Very vocal too!!

Last edited by moosmom; 10-19-2004 at 11:03 AM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!