Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We have a new addition! :D

We have a new addition! :D

Another COCKATIEL!

She was found at the elementary school where my mom works. Someone had caught her, and when my mom heard there was a Cockatiel looking for a home, you can guess who got her...

She is the SWEETEST little birdie. Someone must have obviously owned her before us, because she's completely tame and hand fed. She looks to be a little chunky, as well. Piper hasn't met her yet, as she's in quarentine for the next month or so, but he can hear her, hehe.

I hope to get pictures up of her soon! I don't want to frighten her with the camera too much, as we just got her today, around half an hour ago. Right now, she's on my shoulder preening my hair. She looks a little bit like ILoveMyAbbyGirl's Charlie.

I'm so excited!! Name suggestions, please!

Aww....CONGRATS!!! I am sure you will make it a wonderful home.

I am not very good with names, but I like Jackie though (or maybe thats just because the person in my story is named that? )

St. Catharines, ON, Canada (city close to Niagara Falls)
    She's lucky she was found! Hmmmm, name suggestions. I don't have any suggestions, but maybe you could give the bird a personality name. Lucky could be a good name, after she was found.

Thanks! Lucky was actually the first name that came to mind, but my mom wants a more *feminine* name for her.

I managed to get a picture of her, but without the flash.

Here she is..

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Julie got another tiel!!! I can't believe it!!!!!!

She's a DOLL!!!!! Adorable! She looks soooo happy.

Do you think someone's missing her? I would take her to the vet to get checked because she's obviously been lost, and check for her owners....in case someone lost her. If no one claims her, then she should be your tiel for good.

She is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats!!! I DEMAND more pics!!!!!!!

Originally posted by popcornbird
    Do you think someone's missing her? I would take her to the vet to get checked because she's obviously been lost, and check for her owners....in case someone lost her. If no one claims her, then she should be your tiel for good.
    Oops! I forgot to mention that! Lol, I'm too excited.

Yep, we're going to the vet this weekend and posting signs, without her picture on it, of course, saying we found a lost tiel. I just checked the "lost pets" section of the newspaper, and no one has reported a lost cockatiel. If no one claims her, she's ours.

Congrats on the addition! But I have to agree with popcornbird, someone might be missing her... maybe you should post an add in the newspaper? Last year my friend's cockatiel accidently got out and they never found her. My friend was so sad she lost her baby.... anyways as for names how about Ceann
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

Julie, she's just darling, absolutely a doll! She's so lucky to be living with YOU! Names..... how about Tilly? It's cute, and girly. Good luck!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

YAAAAAAAAAY!!

Congratulations on the new additon! She is ADORABLE!!!

I am *so excited* for you, Julie!

Hmm, name suggestions. Maybe something that could go with Piper? I also love food names, if you couldn't tell!

Oh, Julie, she is adorable! Reminds me a bit of Milly too!!

I love Sarah's suggestion of "Tilly" for a name.

If you have pet stores in your area, you might want to check there too. You don't have to give lots of details about how she looks, just that you wanted to know if anyone has reported a lost Cockatiel. And clip those wings so she won't do the same thing again!!!!

Thanks guys!

Well, we've been calling her "Lucy", but we're still deciding. Tilly is adorable as well, Sarah! It's soo hard to pick a name.. haven't done it in a while, hehe. Hopefully we'll be able to keep her! She's such a sweetheart!

Logan, I immediately thought of Milly when I first saw her. We'll probably have her wings clipped once, just until she gets used to us, and then leave them be like we have with Piper's, because of the dogs and cats. She needs her nails trimmed too!

I'll keep all of you updated!

She's beautiful! Wow she sounds like such a little sweetheart. I can't wait to see more pics of her. Congratulations Julie!!
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

New pictures!

Just snapped a couple quick ones while I took each of them out *separately*..

Lucy:

And of course Pippy boy:

St. Catharines, ON, Canada (city close to Niagara Falls)

other name suggestions

I have three other name suggestion. They are Angel, Bubbles an Callie. I also like the name Tilly suggested before.

She is very pretty and looks like she loves to be
    touched.
    Congratulations she sounds like a wonderful bird.

----<---<--<{(@