Thread: What kind of toys?

What kind of toys?

I am wondering what kind of toys to get Heidi because she can't have stuffies because my dog trainer says that gun dogs can't have them, and when I have gotten her rubber toys she destroys them like they are nothing! She LOVES squeaky toys, but I can't find very many that aren't stuffies. I did get one at Petco when I went to one (we don't have a Petco around here ), and its held up very well...but I can't find very many toys for her! Can you give me some suggestions on what kind of toys I can get her? Like certain toys, please? Thanks!

The best toys I've found for champion chewers is Kong toys. They have some really great ones at Petco, Petsmart or even online. Red for medium chewers and black for champions.
    They don't have squeekers in them, but you can put the kong stuff in them and they'll spend hours working on them. I use liver paste.

My grandpuppies get black ones. They can destroy stuffies in a matter of minutes.

I did get a Kong version once, it wasn't the Kong brand, and she destroyed that in a short amount if time! But maybe it was because it wasn't the Kong version, do you think that could be it? When she was younger she had a red Kong and she really liked it, and she didn't destroy that till she was older....she had that for a few months. So maybe its because it wasn't the Kong brand?

they have toys that look like tires, too. finn has one of those, and, besides his kong, it's the only thing he hasn't destroyed. i think it's called a tire biter.

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

Definatly anything made by KONG,, best toys in the world,, Lucy is He** on toys and Kongs,, well she has yet to destoy one!

Bad Cuz!
    http://www.thatpetplace.com/Products.../Itemdy00.aspx

The best dog toy ever, according to Webby. Its very squeaky (and loud) and made out of stuff thats hard to destroy.

Originally posted by nea
    Bad Cuz!

The best dog toy ever, according to Webby. Its very squeaky (and loud) and made out of stuff thats hard to destroy.

they are cute!! but they gots feets...would they get chewed off??? we have a kong but hair gets stuck to it when it rolls around the floor after it's wet...YUCK!
    Cathy, Sammie, & Maggie

"If you can't decide between a Shepherd, a Setter
    or a Poodle, get them all ... adopt a mutt!" -- ASPCA

Nea you are right - Bad Cuz - those are great! The shelter where I volunteer gets them for their dogs. You can't even see where they've been chewed on.

Originally posted by nea
    Bad Cuz!

I just saw those last week, and was wondering how they would hold up to my master destructors!!!!!!

My dogs have kongs--Riley's is black, Kito and Abbey's are red, and Jada has a blue one. We also have balls, bones, and other toys made by kong--that's pretty much all they can't destroy
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Can you get those at pet stores? the big red things with feet? And, they squeak?

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

Orbee also makes toys for strong chewers. They look like they wouldn't holdup, but they do (or have for our we destroy just about eeryting else!)

check 'em out at www.planetdog.com

Bandit can tear up almost anything as well, but I got him one of the huge black kongs, and also one of the tire biters, and he hasn't messed those up yet.

Those are the only toys I bought him that hasn't been messed up... Ohh, and his stuffed cow, but thats because he treats that thing like a baby... He doesn't tear it up or bite it, he sucks on its tail, and sleeps with it... Lmao.

Wow! I didn't think this post would get so many replies. I will have to try your suggestions because Heidi is a little slim on toys...poor baby. Thanks everyone!

Kongs work great for Emma, I am not sure how they long they would last for you though, Emma doesn't chew on toys, she just carries them around.

The tire biters are GREAT!! Emma and Moco love them!