Thread: Do you ever not cry...

Do you ever not cry...

We were watching the Christmas video from 2 years ago yesterday with the kids. On it was Sami, opening her presents. It's been almost 8 months since she died. I bawled like a baby. It hurt so much to see her there, shredding the paper like she loved to do. She was such a great dog!! I guess you don't get over 12 years in only 8 months.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

My Bridgette has been gone for 28 yrs and I still shed a tear when I see her pic.... she was my first doggie....

*Sigh*

My Chloe has been gone for 4 years now and it still pulls at my heart if I see a picture of her or just think about her.

I still miss her.

Robin

I still get misty-eyed when I speak of Wolf and Avalanche....gone now for 20 years and 8 years, respectively.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Re: Do you ever not cry...

All the time.

Our Angus has only been gone for 7 weeks and it seems like an eternity ago that I held him and rubbed his ears. He was the best dog that a person could ever have. There aren't enough words to say how much we loved that boy of ours.

And our girl Keisha, she's been gone for about 3 1/2 years. I miss her so so so much.

Those two were our lives, our first two children and now they are gone. We've added more life to our family but there will never be dogs like them ever again.

So yes, I try not to cry all the time.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I have been very emotional this month. Oct 31 is one year since Mercedes has been gone. I have been having dreams about her too..

Yep, Benji has been gone for six years and I still shed a few tears looking at pictures of him..

Unhappy

i lost my dog summer on January 10th, 2004. and i cant even see any pics or hear storys about her without crying. ov cours we all cry, mans best frend.
    your human friend,

andrea

Yup, I still cry when I think of Bandit, even though he's been gone almost 3 years...but it brings so much joy to me that he's out of pain and in a better place now up in heaven. Still, I miss him SOOO much. I think it also makes me happy too when I can really feel his presence and know he's beside me! Do any of you ever feel your deceased dog's presence? I can all the time!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

For me it’s probably the exact opposite. It’s still so recent for me that I’ve only just got past crying and I can actually manage to laugh at some of the weird things she did. Like the whines and grunts she did when there were pancakes on the table and she couldn’t have any. Lol. She really made you aware of how discontent she was with that decision.

-Varga

Yea, even if a pet isn't mine, I still cry. When I think of some of the fun dogs I have played with....*tears starting to run down face*.... that have died.....*bawling*..... I wish I didn't know what it was like to have a special furry animal die.

"Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday." - unknown author

No, I guess, when I just think of my lost pets, I cry. I'm 51 years old and I have seen so many come and go. It just doesn't get any easier. The dread is still there for the ones that are still living, because I know what I am going to have to go through, yes I still cry..

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Unhappy

My very first dog Brandy, passed away when I was 12, that was 26 years ago. I cried for years afterward and I still get misty when I think of him sometimes. With Sheena, who passed away just over 3 years ago, I still cry sometimes. They are just such a huge part of our lives and leave such a space behind. The only way to fill it is to remember the things about them that we love and find another fur baby to shower all that love on.

There are so many things about Sampson that remind me of my other RB dog, Dana, that sometimes I almost call him Dana by accident! I was so grief stricken when I lost Dana that I almost didn't get another dog. I couldn't imagine going through that kind of grief again. But we felt so bad for Sheena, who seemed so lost without her daughter, that we finally broke down and went to the pound. Reebok picked us, and I'm so glad he did

Then we lost Sheena and it seemed even more devastating. Again, I wasn't sure I could love, and then lose, another dog I can't imagine a life without either Reebok or Sampson, though, and I'm glad I found the strength to bring them into my life.

It's easy to love them, but so hard to deal with their loss. I'm getting upset just thinking about it I'm glad I've found a place like this, where we can share our grief with people who understand.
    ~Marie

And now it is almost Christmas time. Those darling little mandarin oranges have hit the stores. My Sami loved these oranges. I find I can't enjoy the oranges like I used to cause I get all choked up after the first bite cause I can't share it with Sami any more.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Heidi is my first dog so I have never had one that passed away. But I know that when she does (oh perish the thought! ) that I will have an emotional break down. She is my very best friend, and is everything to me. I don't know what I would do without her. I'm sorry for all your losses.