Thread: Anyone around Dallas, Texas?

Anyone around Dallas, Texas?

Oh guys, I have fallen in love with this sweet guy at my local animal shelter. I can't take him in, my parents would never alow me. Is there ANYONE who would be willing to take him as a foster? I would pay for the fee to get him out and see if my parents would help transfer him. PLEASE, let's help this guy out...he is in a high kill animal shelter.

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?act...25&tmpl=&stat=

sultan,, what a wonderful name,,, I am sorry I cant be of help as I live in Canada,, perhaps you could ask your school for permission to make an announcement on the PA system about this dog and others? Maybe somebody can ask thier prents about adopting Just an idea...

Maybe try sending Aly a PM. She is in Texas and works with many shelters. She may have an idea.

I clicked on the link, but, it says the pet's no longer listed. Please tell me that means he was rescued.

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

Originally posted by guster girl
    I clicked on the link, but, it says the pet's no longer listed. Please tell me that means he was rescued.
    Ditto! Do tell us whats going on!

Sorry guys, I did not see this until now. I called the shelter shortly after posting the thread. He's not available anymore, and he wasn't adopted.

Please feel free to PM me if something like this happens again. I am willing to drive to Dallas and pick up dogs from death row. I can foster them or get them into my no-kill shelter.

You can always email me too [email protected]

If you email me, I'll even give you my cell number. Don't ever hesitate to contact me if an animal in Texas is in need.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Thank you Aly, I'll PM you later. There are a lot of dogs here, in the Denton County Animal Shelter. It is a nasty nasty place. I feel so horrible, such a sweet looking guy, too.