View Poll Results: Are braces cool?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!!!

8 33.33%
  • Sorta

6 25.00%
  • I can live but if i could, id take them off, (no)

4 16.67%
  • how would i know, i have perfect teeth

7 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braces!!!

Braces!!!

hey everyone,

i just felt like making a new thread, and well, the only topic i can say out of the top of my head is braces.

lol, well, um, they really hurt sometimes but, they're pretty cool. i meen, you can choose colors and, it looks really cool.

i got braces on in july. they hurt a few hours they put them on, and a few days after. its kinda hard to floss, and they look shiny wen the sun is out and your braces are cleand

i go to an appointment every month, (once a month) and uh

thats is

BRACES ARE PRETY COOL!!

andrea
    your human friend,

andrea

of course they're cool! they helped straighten my teeth!!! way cool.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

I thank God that my parents gave me braces. It's been years since I had them, but life would have been much different if I hadn't. I had HUGE buck teeth with a giant gap in between.

Thank you Wolfie!

I've had braces for over a year, and I wouldn't exactly call them "cool", but I know I'll be extremly greatful I had them when they come off. My teeth weren't badly crooked, but they were bad enough for me to get them. It's a pain to floss, go to your appointments (I go every 6-8 weeks), etc. but I know it'll all be worth it in the long run.

My "due date" to have them off is next June.

I never thought they were "cool" - just a "necessary evil" of sorts. I had 4 teeth pulled before I even got them on, and then it ached after every appointment and the wire was tightened/adjusted. It was worth it, of course, and when people compliment my smile, I credit my orthodontist. My teeth are otherwise too big to fit in my very narrow jaw. Had my 4 wisdom teeth out as well, there was no rrom for them either, but now - ever since braces - my teeth do not overlap, and I am able to brush and floss between them, something that was impossible before.

i think that there ok,but im glad i got them! i got my top ones on in the beginning of August,and on November 3rd im getting my bottom ones,The weird thing was my teeth didnt hurt at all when i got them on,they only hurt when i get them tightened. My teeth are already straightening out really nice,and i cant wait till i get them off

I've never had braces, my teeth are fortunately very straight. But, yeah, I think when someone has braces, it's cool cuz it shows they give a crap about their smile! And, that's an important thing.

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

Yeah, smiles are actually the first thing that I notice about people.

Thank you Wolfie!

I want them sooo bad!! I think I could stand the pain and if they make my teeth straight...that's great!!!

Be careful what you wish for.

Originally posted by Rottieluver45
    I want them sooo bad!! I think I could stand the pain and if they make my teeth straight...that's great!!!
    I'd say wish away! Get the braces if you need them. The majority of people I've known that have had them have said they are totally worth it!

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    I liked my braces. I'd ask all of my friends which colors I should get next, and I played with my rubber bands ALL of the time. I hated my palatal expander, though. I have a scar on my tongue from it.

The difference in my face is night and day... and my dentist took pictures to prove it!
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

I've never had braces because my teeth are straight. But when i was younger I wanted them, just like I wanted glasses, and I got those.

I had braces for over a year, and they weren't TOO bad; I didn't like 'em, but I'm glad I have straight teeth now, though my retainers are annoying! (I wear them though, so I KEEP straight teeth!)

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

I wouldn't quite call braces 'cool', but mine don't bother me. I have always wanted straight teeth, and if I have to have braces to get that, so be it!