Thread: appropriate cage?

appropriate cage?

Would this be a good cage for an African grey? Or will I find better..if so, please direct me into the right way!

http://fantasticpetstore.tripod.com/id100.html

This is a Heavy Duty Wrought Iron Corner Cage and a Real Space Saver! It has a labratory tested, safe powder coated, silver vein finish. Features are: stainless steel swing out feeder cups, a play top and slide out trays and grates. It is ideal for Small and Medium size parrots.The two wall panels are each 24" deep. The cage is 36" wide, corner to corner. The interior height is 45". The wall panels have horizontal bars for climbing. The bars on the front panel are vertical. The top perch is 62" above the floor. The cage has 5/8" bar spacing. It Is easy to assemble, and best of all, the shipping is free within the 48 states.

I don't own one, but it looks like that's be a great cage. It's spacious too!! I'm sure any African grey would love it!

I think that cage is great...

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

I have always heard that round cages are visually confusing to birds, and should not be used. I have heard that rectangular cages are best.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

It looks like it's triangular, not round. I think it's a beautiful cage.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

St. Catharines, ON, Canada (city close to Niagara Falls)
    I agree, I do think it could accomadate an African Grey parrot. I also think it is triangular, because you can see at the bottom.

Oh good, so it should be just fine? Thanks for the replies!