Thread: What Would John Travolta Do?

What Would John Travolta Do?

Fleeing villagers mistook disco lights for aliens

A Romanian village was left deserted after its inhabitants fled in panic after mistaking disco lights in a nearby town for an alien invasion.

Villagers in Cristinesti, eastern Romania, thought they were under attack by aliens when they saw bright, multicoloured lights in the sky and started leaving the village en masse.

But police who were called out to investigate discovered the lights were coming from an open air disco in the town of Herta near the Ukrainian border, the daily Adevarul reported.

They persuaded the villagers to eventually return to their homes.

Costel Roman, one of the villagers, said: "Everybody was out on the streets and wondering what to do if the aliens landed.

"We believed we were seeing UFOs and some old legends from around here about clocks stopping, animals

going crazy and a previous UFO landing in the area suddenly came to our minds. We were terrified."

He added: "We were so happy when we heard we had escaped an alien invasion."
    -------------------------------------

Not only did they escape the invasion, they escaped those dumb polyester suits in Satuday Night Fever!!!!

:
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Holy cow...

Had I been there, I would have painted a sign

"Take me to a planet with a higher average IQ!"

LOL
    I was just flipping through my local TV guide to see what is on tonight and noticed that Saturday Night Fever is playing now on the Bravo channel. I forgot how tight those polyester shirts and pants were.

Take me to your leader....
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Too funny!! It's amazing what people will do! John probably would have gotten on a lovely sky blue leisure suit and danced the night away.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Re: What Would John Travolta Do?

Originally posted by RICHARD
    What Would John Travolta Do?
    I don't care what he does, just so he does it where I can watch.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Haha, I heard that on the Freak News on my radio station. My husband and I always crack up because 99% of the stories are from Romania. We always debate about rather Romanians are really wierd, or the radio station is picking on them by getting all the stories out of Romanian newspapers.

Thank you Wolfie!