Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still in pain & no solution...

Still in pain & no solution...

I am sooooo depressed tonight guys!
    I spent a total of 4 hours in Urgent Care today. I was supposed to see my gyno. but the pain got so bad I ended up in urgent care. I had blood work done, x-rays taken & even had to drink some nasty concoction they came up with to see if I had an ulcer. What did they find? NOTHING, not a darn thing wrong. First it was....oh let's check for the gas thing, then maybe it was an ulcer, bladder or yeast infection or a simple virus. Then they looked for other things, still nothing. But before I left they told me they were going to check my blood work for my liver, pancreas, & gallbladder. The doc thought it could be gallstones....nope, everything fine. I'm MORE depressed now then when I went in at 2:00. The sad part is, I'm still in so much pain! The doctor gave me a prescription for Oxycodone (not oxycotin) which he said is like codene to help me sleep better at night. That's ok for now but, what if I'm STILL in pain after today or later?! He told me to then go into ER & they could try to help me. Talk about FRUSTRATION! Anyways, thanks for letting me vent. I'll probably take some pills in a little bit & hopefully sleep through the whole night tonight!!!

I'm sorry to hear... I have a diff type of pain lol I've got tylenol 3's with codine, they help a little..... should take another soon though.... Hope you figure out whats wrong soon... GET WELL SOON

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

How frustrating! I hope that you feel better soon.

Thank you Wolfie!

I know what that kind of pain is like.

The Dr.'s spent from grade 4 to grade 8 trying to figure out why I was in so much pain. My knees would hurt first & its the kind of pain that no matter how u more or how many pain killers u take its always there. Then it would go into my shins.

I was in so much pain, I would cry & cry & cry for hours. Most times it got so bad (so I've been told, I don't remember any of it it was that painful) I would squirming all over the place screaming & crying & litterly destroying the couch. I do remember when it would calm down a bit & find myself in my dads arms or rolled in a blanket that my dad put around me or squeezing the life out of RB Max (dad said he never whimpered or tried to get away, he would just try to get closer to me & sucked up all the pain I was causing him).

I think I had about 10-15 x-rays on my knees & I was taken to the big city to a Sports Hospital, in hopes to find something.

Saddly I went there when I wasn't in too much pain. But they think they found the cause & refused to fix it due to my age. My knee caps r really high up & they r guessing while I'm growing its ripping my tendons & ripping nerves apart. They said when I stop growing it'll still hurt but not nearly as much.

They were kinda right. My knees don't hurt as much, but when they do, watchout.. If it happeneds at work, I do my darnest to ignor it, then on the bus I try hard not to cry & then at home I rush into the shower to cry in there & turn the water really really really hot until my knees turn red & oddly enough it seems to help a bit. it takes the edge off.

Every day I walk with someone or past a big mouth, I hear the same thing, u walk funny. No $h!+ I don't know how to walk normally anymore. I don't bend my knees right in an unconsciencs effort to avoid pain (which isn't really there anymore). I try to correct myself & just end up weaving & shaking.. I do try to mimic the person I'm walking with in efforts to be able to copycat their walking. So far it kinda works, but I do forget to do it & end up walking runny anyway.

Sometimes nothing can be done & it really sucks. I'm too young to have knee surgery, already tried asking & my parents begged too. It drove my parents insane. There was noting they could do to help me.

Hopefully the ER Dr.'s will have better luck, they should have more exp in odd things.

Oh Tina I'm so sorry that you are still in pain. It must be so frustrating and to not sleep at night is just making it worst. Hopefully those meds will help a bit tonight and you can have some sweet dreams.

Prayers and hugs on the way.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I'm sorry Tina. I know that must be very frustrating besides painful. Hope you get some relief soon.

(((HUGS)))

From Decker with Love

How frustrating! You'll be in my prayers, I hope that the pain goes away, o if it's a symptom of a greater problem, that someone figures out how to fix it!

Sorry you're still in pain...

Like I said earlier, when I had it, nothing worked either, and my loser doctor told me it was normal.

It hurt terribly bad for a few days. It would sort of leave sometimes, but then come back in a sudden sharp stab. Not fun. I still had to go to school and stuff, although there was a day I stayed home when it got really bad. But after a few days, it went away by itself. You just have to be careful with yourself.

How long has this pain of yours been going on now?

I hope the docs find what's wrong..

Take care!! *hugs*

I've had the sharp pains since wed. night. The weird part about it (you'll probably think I'm crazy) is my pain seems to be moving into a different position now. On thur. & fri. the pain was terrible on my LEFT side, now fri. while I was at the doctor's office & today it's only on my RIGHT side. When I take a deep breath or this morning I had the hiccups, it hurts so bad & feels like my rib cage is going to rip out. OH, it is frustrating when you don't have an answer & you know something is wrong with your own body. I would be fine if only the pain would go away & I have to work so that doesn't help matters. Plus, it doesn't help when people say, "You don't LOOK sick!" AGH.....please pain go away!

Sending lots of good thoughts that you will be allright
    and the pain goes away.

----<---<--<{(@

I hope you are feeling better soon and free of pain.

Originally posted by teenster3
    I've had the sharp pains since wed. night. The weird part about it (you'll probably think I'm crazy) is my pain seems to be moving into a different position now. On thur. & fri. the pain was terrible on my LEFT side, now fri. while I was at the doctor's office & today it's only on my RIGHT side. When I take a deep breath or this morning I had the hiccups, it hurts so bad & feels like my rib cage is going to rip out. OH, it is frustrating when you don't have an answer & you know something is wrong with your own body. I would be fine if only the pain would go away & I have to work so that doesn't help matters. Plus, it doesn't help when people say, "You don't LOOK sick!" AGH.....please pain go away!
    Not crazy. That happened to me too.. but for me, it started on my right side, and then went to my left side. I thought I was going to have a heart attack!

Have you gone into ER for it yet? Maybe they might be able to figure out what's wrong...

That is horrible!!! I'm so sorry you're in so much pain.

Have they ANY idea where your pain is coming from?

Have they ruled out surgical complications?

Have you spoken with your doctor yet?

One good thing about the ER is you wont be in pain for long. They'll usually set you up with an IV and will give you pain medication. Don't be afraid to go there if your pain is still there tomorrow, its always best to stop it as soon as you can.

Please let us know how you are feeling. You poor thing.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I'm so sorry to hear that you're in so much pain. I sure hope that the doctors will be able find out the reason. Please take care.

Sorry you're still in such awful pain - my heart goes out to you.

I hope they solve it very soon. Take care {{{Hugs}}}}

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx