View Poll Results: I have had a 10 second love affair!

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!!

96 64.43%
  • NO!!!!

31 20.81%
  • I'm too busy looking for change on the ground!

22 14.77%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 10 Second Affair.

Guess what I voted? Haa the last one

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

He he he Richard - look at the poll results - they say it all!!!!

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

It's funny you asked. My husband and I were just talking about that. We were talking about how sometimes when you see someone that takes your breath away, when you first make eye contact, you literally flinch and take a step back. For a moment it is like the world stops. And then you come to your senses "Oh yeah, I am married." And then the world starts moving again and you are on your way. lol.

I have to add something...

Is it different for men then women? Like in talking to my husband and his friends, for them, it seemed like they were always beautiful women. For me, it was normally a guy who was talking to his dog, laughing out loud or smiling real big, or a young father with his child...

I would like to hear people's actual stories, on what caught their eye.
    Last edited by Tonya; 10-13-2004 at 09:34 AM.

Thank you Wolfie!

Yes...and I have found it to be quite...exhilerating.

hey tonya, theres your next new thread!

This probably doesn't count but it's along the same lines.

Picture it, Vancouver, 1980. My BF and I had been living together for about 3 years and we were really in love. I'm working for an Ad Agency doing the monthly billing. I have a program error so I call the programmer. It requires that he come into the office.

When he arrives, we lock eyes and my legs immediately turn to jelly. The sparks fly. While he is fixing the problem there is some major eye contact going on. Later he shakes my hand and leaves. I'm shaking all over. I want this guy.

He calls me the next week to chat and we "date" for about 3 weeks at which time he gives me 3 carnations to celebrate. But all is not well. I'm lying to my BF and my conscience can't take it anymore. Thank God we were not "intimate". "Wayne" wanted me to leave "Al" but I just couldn't. I chose Al and when I told Wayne he was heartbroken.

Al and I broke up permanently 7 years later. Now I wonder what would have happened if I'd made the other choice. I wish I could see Wayne again just to apologize.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I had to vote yes too!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

I think it's called un coup de foudre by the French, which translates loosely to 'struck by lightning'

I've had it happen a few times; it's funny to know that something major has happened but not to understand what it really is. The last time I nearly ran a poor man over as we were staring at each other, except I was in a car and he was crossing the street. Don't know how I'd have explained that to the insurance company ... um, yeah, perving at hot mod cowboy man in nice jeans and hit him
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Originally posted by Miss Meow
    Don't know how I'd have explained that to the insurance company ... um, yeah, perving at hot mod cowboy man in nice jeans and hit him
    LOL!!! The makings of a new email list of "actual insurance claims!"

Leave it to RICHARD to ask such a thing! I'v never even known a 10 second affair could exist! Especially not in my area... everyone looks away instead of eye-contact... goodness, I just might smile and say hi! Gasp! They'd think it was a novel concept: friendliness!

Originally posted by Lillycat
    hey tonya, theres your next new thread!
    hehe...oops!

Thank you Wolfie!

When I first read this thread, I knew it'd happened to me lately, but I couldn't remember where. I just remembered.

Last week, I was at a stop light, and the guy in front of me was looking at me through his side mirror. I caught him and we locked eyes for a second. I got uncomfortable and looked away. But I couldn't help it, our eyes kept making contact. I swear it felt like an eternity for the light to turn green. I felt like such a dork for getting all bothered over a guy at the stop light. lol.

Thank you Wolfie!

Originally posted by catnapper
    Leave it to RICHARD to ask such a thing! I'v never even known a 10 second affair could exist!
    lololol...

Think of all the seconds in a day!!!

It was just an observation.

I'm an amatuer psychologist-emphasis on the "psycho"-I like to talk to people and sometimes having a little fling like that makes your day.

Cowboys can take abuse.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

A ten second affair? Be sure to not blink...........

I have to share something that happened a long time ago.

I was in an underground parking lot at a store. Richard, it was May Company at Wilshire and Fairfax...........

I was leaving the parking lot when a guy in another car made eye contact with me. Because he wasn't looking where he was going, I slowed down, not sure whether he was going to stop or not....because he was staring at me.

He drove right into one of the pillars in the parking lot.

I had to get out of there because I was laughing so hard!

So, see, you have to keep these affairs at ten seconds or less because otherwise you bump into things.

My stories??

I made eye contact with a gal that works in the bank up the street...our '10 second affair' happens twice a month on payday.
    It's an ongoing thing.

When I have spoken to her, the SEXIEST THING SHE has ever said to me is......"Good Morning" and "Would you like large bills??"

It's a stupid little school boy crush and we both know it's going on-but that's as far as it will ever go.

But, it's kinda nice knowing that should we ever take that next step she'll never ask me how much money I make in my job....

She has access to my accounts!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was at a car dealership where they had some race vehicles on display.

I was looking at a car when I felt uneasy. I looked about and spied a woman in a Toyota racing/fire suit staring...

She was a 'model', hired to sell the new line of trucks- I walked over to her and we chatted for about 30 minutes....

It was fun, it was like we had known each other for ages......There was a chemistry there and when ever I need some reaffirmation I look at the poster she signed for me-

"I love you- Leslie!!! *heart*!! (NOT THE WAY she signed the posters for everyone else!)

And wonder what would have happened if I wasn't such a lummox.

----------------------------

I once made a gal crash into the file cabinet at work....THAT was funny....

--------------------------

Originally posted by gini

He drove right into one of the pillars in the parking lot.

I had to get out of there because I was laughing so hard!

Gini,
    LOLOL, You left a guy with a broken heart, a bent fender and the deductible......

I guess that makes you a 'car wrecker'....