Thread: Then & Now...Axle...

Then & Now...Axle...

There have been several threads about then & now, so I thought I'd do one for Axle.

Then:
    2 months old

NOW!!!
    4 years old & 15 pounds later!

I love my BIG boy hehehe

Oh Axel, what a beautiful turtle you are! You are so lucky you have a loving home. Thanks for posting.

I had a turtle when I was growing up and we called him Skiddoo. One day when we were out he climbed out of his tank and later we found him behind the stereo, dead. RIP Skiddoo. (that was back in 1961).
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I just adore Axle, Jess!!!! Thanks for the comparison!!!!

Slick how long had the turtle been behind the stereo??

Cause once RB Sniper got out & he was stuck in my bed cover. my grandma found him & thought he was dead. My mom said he looked dead to, but didn't want me thinking I could have rolled over & killed him.
    so they put him back into his tank & when I came home I took him out & he was alive.. My grandma said he came back from the dead & she was creeped out hehehe
    Last edited by kingrattus; 10-11-2004 at 11:41 PM.

he was so small!! ^_^

In the 2 monthst I first had him, he had doubled in size. So he was about the size of the Loony when Hatched

WOW!!!!!

He is gorgeous tho!!!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

WOW that's impressive!! He's spectacular!! ^_^ I want to see him when he's absolutely immense!!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

WOW he was so tiny then! How big will he get when he's full grown or is he full grown??

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

Wow that is amazing !!!! So cute...

Axle is a Giant Common Snapping Turtle, so he'll get to about 100 pounds & Will live about another 30 years

He was so tiny! I really love turtles I saw a really tiny snapper about that size near a dock on the lake in Missouri once when I was fishing. He was so cute but I was afraid a big bass or something might get him so I scooped him out and moved him to a shallow marshy area.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Isnt' he stunning!!! Hard to imagine he was once SO tiny!!! Will you still be able to "keep" him when he's full grown? 100 lbs is a big boy I had 2 box turtels as pets growing up...Lou Lou and Pinky! They were great pets

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

tatsxxx11
    Isnt' he stunning!!! Hard to imagine he was once SO tiny!!! Will you still be able to "keep" him when he's full grown? 100 lbs is a big boy I had 2 box turtels as pets growing up...Lou Lou and Pinky! They were great pets
    --------------------

There is no option of keeping him, its a commitment.

I plan to build him a greenhouse type thing, with a cement pond/pool, with grass & bushs & fruit trees. I don't want the pond to have dirt & plants growing in it, I want it clean like a fish tank, just like what he has now, so When I need to feed or check up on him, I know where he is & I don't have to worry about him getting sick in swamp water.

But if I don't have the yard space I plan to turn the basement into his home. They do not need deep water, just enough to swim around, so a 4 foot deep pond will do & he'll be able to get out on his own & tour around & I can take him outside for walks