Thread: People that have Bad Days

People that have Bad Days

I work at a bakery and people come in and look at the yummy cookies and buy cakes or whatever.. I'm a clerk, so I work at the cash register. We have two registers, and every day we're assigned to our own register that we work at. I was assigned to register #2.

So this guy comes in, I get him the cookie or wtever he wants, and he's standing by register 1, and I was like, "Can you come down to the other register please?" and MOST people are like "sure, whatever" and stuff... but he was like, "No. Why don't you give me my food, and YOU take the money and go down there and come back up yourself." So I just did it myself, and came back up, and when he left, my co-worker was soooooo mad. She was like," I cant believe he was that rude to you. You didn't do anything wrong."

I guess he was just having a bad day and took it out on me. It was funny though... when he left, I was like, "Have a good day!" LOL

"I will.......er......not....." lol

I enjoy working with the public most days.....but there are those people that I cringe to see walk through the door 'cause they are notorious for giving me a hard time.

What a jerk! Good for you for laughing it off! I can't believe how sometimes people just automatically have chips on their shoulders.

Thank you Wolfie!

That's the spirit , good on you for keeping your cool , some people are just so darn rude, mind you changing the subject a little, I get really fustrated when I am waiting to be served and the person behind the counter is busy carrying on a personal conversation, keeping me waiting and ignoring me GRRR....
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I work with the public too and they are sooooo rude sometimes. Today, this lady left a deposit in the morning with her credit card and got mad at me for asking her to pay the rest this evening (when she picked her dog up). She was all mad we didn't keep her card on file...she had to go to her car to get her purse and was totally put out. Ummm...who leaves their purse in the car?? With money and credit cards in it?? Especially if you have to come in an pay a $600 bill???

I tend to do what you did. Kill them with kindness, its harder for them to stay rude as long.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I LOVE being gooey sweet to people who are rude to me. I put on my biggest smile and heartily wish them a good evening, and you can see the veins in their foreheads expanding!

Good for you for not letting it get to you, I know I need to work on that! It helps me to remember that a lot of those people will get home and realize that they were being jerks, but some preople make me really TENSE.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Originally posted by WolfChan
    I LOVE being gooey sweet to people who are rude to me. I put on my biggest smile and heartily wish them a good evening, and you can see the veins in their foreheads expanding!
    LOL, ditto!