Thread: big black and white cat. please help.

big black and white cat. please help.

there is a big black and white cat that keeps coming in my back garden, he's friendly enough towards me, but tries to fight with my two cats, and my two girls wouldn't stand a chance. I have to watch my girls when they go out now. Is there anything I can do to stop this cat coming into my garden. please help as winter is here and I don't like standing outside for to long.

Do you think he is a stray or a neighbor's cat?

From Decker with Love

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    We had the same problem recently. This tuxie kitty kept coming into our yard and terrorizing our kids. Halo (15 lbs) ran. Cammie (10 lbs) hissed and ran. Pepper (6 lbs) fought her off several times and suffered some injuries. After our next door neighbors experienced the same problem with this cat, we watched out for her and found out where she lived. (Her name is Princess -- and she's anything but!). I approached the owner and told her that I needed to make sure that Princess had all her shots and checkups because she was causing injuries. The owner was very nice about it and assured me that Princess' shots are all up-to-date and I asked for her vet information in case MY cats injured Princess. (Not, that I thought that was going to happen since the bigger 2 are weenies and Pepper was barely holding her own). That kind of shocked her a little and she has kept Princess in her yard ever since then. It's a little different here because by this time next month, we'll have several feet of snow on the ground so none of the kitties will be going out. So, I recommend you find out where this kitty lives and talk to them in a kind, friendly way and see if you can work this out. Of course, if they are jerks, then no telling what will happen to this poor kitty.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I was going to ask about if you knew who owned him or not. If he's unowned, can you trap him and take him to a rescue?

Maybe your kitties can stay inside for a while? Maybe that'll make him not want to come over as often?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

are your cats spayed? maybe this cat isn't spayed and is acting like cats well, do if they aren't. I hope everything goes ok! i'll try and find more info on this a.s.a.p! In the mean time, you should find ways to keep your cats safe and away from that cat as best as you can.

both my girls are spayed, and I do know the owners, they are not very nice people. I can't keep my girls in they love outside and they sit and cry at me if I don't let them out. I am looking for something that would deter it from coming near my fence, my girls don't go any further than that.

Oh I just thought of something! Cats don't like citrus scents I don't think! You could try putting citrus scents around, maybe that will keep this cat out.

I need something that will last, maybe if I put lemon, lime and orange fresh juice plus the zest into a spray, and spray it all over the other end of the fence. I'm going to try that tomorrow. cheers, ta, thanks alot. my girls.

No Problem

No problem! I hope everything goes ok!

Well do you know it may have worked, I haven't seen the big cat for two days, and that's never hapened. thankyou for your advice, I've passed it onto friends of mine, who are also having some problems. Cheers, ta, thanks alot. my girls.

The black and white cat is back, need some more ideas. I thought the citruis thing was working, but he's back what else can I do, my girls look fed up.

Here's a thought:

http://www.pestproducts.com/scentry.htm

Your kitties may not like it, but it will probably deter the other cat. A co-worker used the coyote urine for rabbit repellent. It seems to work, but is expensive.

Just a thought.

You can try a product called 'Skunk Shot' - it's a repellant that keeps pesky animals away (and it STINKS!) - although I haven't tried it before, I used to sell it, I do know it works though.
    http://www.skunkshot.com

Otherwise, anytime you see the cat, you could spray it with a jet of water from a water pistol or spray can (the spray n wipe kind of stuff).. I don't know if I'm making sense because I don't know what products you have in Scotland that are like it. Cats hate water, and this technique has stopped my boy Siamese from making mischief after we go to bed (ie, racing up and down the hallway for 1/2 an hour).
    Good luck!
    Watch out over the coming months for my brand new website: www.vetnurse.co.nz - currently being constructed (nothing there ATM!) - will update when I can

Heavenly Pet Care

Don't make someone else pick up your litter - have your cats/dogs/rabbits desexed!!!

Yay! I've been boo'd!

MY Girls do that to. it's normal for them. I'm used to it. After they do that , they are very cute and lovely,( bless ). I will try and get that spray, because the big black and white cat is really bugging me and my girls, talk to you again. cheers, ta, thanks alot. my girls.

I was looking at a site today, and I seen something that made me think of your issue....maybe this could help?

http://www.safepetproducts.com/pilot...g=catstop_main

http://www.moggies.co.uk/html/rescued.html