Thread: Kerry or Bush?

Kerry or Bush?

hi everyone i felt like making a thread like this because im interested in politics and i want to hear people's oppinions. I would vote for Bush, but im only 13. Bush just has better points and I feel safer with him. Please feel free to write your oppinions too!

Originally posted by

to be honest, i wouldn't care who was running against bush at this point. i'd vote for them. he has done very little for national security in this country except propose and pass laws that threaten *my* rights more than the rights of any possible terrorists. he has gotten us into a completely unnecessary and inappropriate war in iraq with very little real support from the entire rest of the world. billions of dollars are being spent there that need to be spent at home but aren't. i think he blatantly lied about those dreaded weapons of mass destruction. i don't think it wasn't a matter of not knowing. i think it was a matter of he was not going to let a pesky detail like the truth stand in his way. i think the whole "needing to get rid of a terrible dictator" bit is nonsense. i think we as a country are in far more danger now than we were before.

i have watched or listened to all three debates so far. i support john kerry more than i did before i started listening. i think he's been much more professional and much more presidential, and yes, to some extent, that does matter. first impressions matter. whether his plans for improving the economy and for improving our reputation in the world, for getting us out of iraq and for securing our borders will work? nobody can know that. but i feel 100% that we need to get somebody else in there before there is no country left to defend.

i do not think, as bush says, that the best defense is to be on the offense. i am not proud to be part of a country that is basically the world's bully. i am embarrassed by a president who has temper tantrums and basically stomps right over the moderator during a freakin debate!!

i know bush has a lot of support in this country, and honestly i cannot fathom why, but i respect people's right to vote for the candidate they want. i just wish they would do research of their own on john kerry's platform and positions, not just listen to what mr president says. this is the information age- there is a ton of information out there on the internets for the taking. extend yourself a little bit.
    One of my friends from another forum said this, and I agree wholeheartedly with her, so instead of re-typing it all out, I'll just post it.
    Last edited by molucass; 11-09-2006 at 03:29 PM.

Well,were Canadian and live in the U.S,so we cant vote,but my family is for Kerry.

I'm also 13 and can't vote but would rather Kerry win then Bush. Honestly, my family doesn't like either one, but anyone but Bush is good.

My dad's side of the family is for Bush and my mom's is for Kerry. Family rivalry! lol

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3

Bush or Kerry?

i understand all of your guys points, and i have my mind thinkin it thru, but i still want Bush. The war was all we could do, we had no other choice. We can't just go and talk to terrorists like Kerry suggested. The war is necessary. i don't want the war of course, because i have a friend who is in the Marine's. But we couldn't just go up to them and say, "hey lets talk about some peace." there will never be complete peace. I wish, but there will always be something that other places and countries will want to fight over.

I think it's great that you're a young person who's engaged in politics and wants to know what other people think and learn from their opinions. That's awesome. I wish more people were really engaged like you are.

Now, onto the point of Kerry "talking to terrorists" that's absolutely false. He's never argued that's what we should do. He's repeatedly said that we need to "hunt down the terrorists and kill them before they get to us" but he wants to get other countries to help us do this. That requires negotiation and diplomacy. And Bush has no skills in that department.

Re: Kerry or Bush?

OMG I am going for Kerry!! Bush didnt do anything so why not give kerry a chance. Maybe kerry will actually do something! Even though Kerry is making alot of promises, maybe he'll actually keep a couple of em! KERRY, KERRY!!!
    your human friend,

andrea

Wow, Molucass, what you posted from the other forum is almost exactly what I think. What I think is kinda sad during this election is when you ask people (of voting age and are going to vote) who they're going to vote for and they say, "Oh, I dunno, (insert name), I guess". They have the chance to become educated on the issues and pick the person who they would want to represent our country and they act like they're picking between if they like coke or pepsi better. It's the people who don't care and are voting who worry me. (I don't mean this about anyone on here. There's been a few of my mom's friends who have had this attitude about the election.)
    Last edited by PepperRSM; 10-10-2004 at 02:34 PM.

*Thanks so much Laura for the wonderful sig! ^_^*
    ~Hello to all of you from Rachel, Persephone(Persy), and Shin'ichi! =D ~

*my art and photography*
    *Persephone's Page*
    *Shin'ichi's Page*
    *my blog*

Thanks Soledad, and i like your points, but Bush does have skills in diplomacy. I'm sorry i was wrong, but i still wouldn't vote for Kerry for alot of other reasons. Maybe you could give me yours? i would love to hear them? i have said some of my reasons on voting for Bush. If i were old enough.

Hi Andrea! c u at skool!