Thread: Potty training problems???

Potty training problems???

Hi,
    I have had Chica 3 months since she was 12 weeks old. At first she would do very well using the WEEWEE PADS. But, for the last 3 weeks or so, she uses them or she decides to poop/pee on the carpet. She always has full access to the WEEWEE pads when she does it. What should I do?

If you catch chica doing it,,, say firmly,, No,,, and take chica to where the appropiate place is,, lots of praise when there is sucess of course.... also,,, get a hold of a product called Nathures Miracle,,, clean all the spots where the peeing and such is going on overnight so chica doesnt go back to where its been marked... Patience!!!

PROBLEMS WITH POTTYING!!

HI,
    THANK YOU, I WILL TRY NATHURES MIRACLE TODAY. I WASH THE CARPET WITH A CLEANER ALL THE TIME. THEN I WILL SPRAY NATHURES. THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Originally posted by LorraineO
    If you catch chica doing it,,, say firmly,, No,,, and take chica to where the appropiate place is,, lots of praise when there is sucess of course.... also,,, get a hold of a product called Nathures Miracle,,, clean all the spots where the peeing and such is going on overnight so chica doesnt go back to where its been marked... Patience!!!

this should help

Hi im michelle i have got a dog called jack and he did th same as well What i did was every time he bark or whind i would let it go out and when it whe out i did the toilet when you your dog bark or whin or groan let him out it work for my dog so try it yours sope it works love michelle xxx
    Michelle reid

Somehow she get scared while was at the right place to do it? Or injured in something near? Or the place was moved out? Sometimes this could happen and dogs (and cats too) became confusedn and afraid!

Could help too if you pick up the poop and put it at the right place where she is suposed to make it, an than you just show her where the poop is placed, gentle without anger voice but firm!!

This usually works with cats and dogs!

Stay well!
    «Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" » Dr. Seuss

I have never used the pads..since we are crate training Gracie and she is doing great with that. She may have one accident a week and its always OUR fault...she is never in the crate when we are at home except to sleep. But she sleeps there all night and is there while I am at work. I come home one full hour to let her out at lunch and I get up 2 hours before I have to just to play with her to make sure she gets worn out and has plenty of exercise. (course I am worn out too..lol) But to me its the best way to go..I have pads "just in case" its raining and she won't be able to go out..but so far that hasn't happened. She has gone out in the rain with me carrying an umbrella..lol