Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Toby's at the vets =(

Toby's at the vets =( *update*

I'm so scared

Last night Toby was quieter then usual, and he threw up a few times. I was gonna take him to the vet's in the morning if he wasn't any better. This morning he seemed ok, back to his old self. I thought he was ok. And then at lunchtime he started throwing up again, he was coughing a lot and breathing real heavy, he wouldn't eat anything and he hadn't drunk since the night before.

On the way to the vets he collapsed and he was hardly breathing as soon as we got him to the vets they put him straight on fluids, they said his blood pressure was very high and he was dehydrated. Once they stabalised him they did an emergency surgery to find out what's happening, part of his intestine is swollen and he's losing proteins through his stomach lining - they don't yet know what's caused it.

We've had to leave him at the vets. He's still having trouble breathing. The vet said he only has a 50% chance of making it through the night.

I'm so scared, I feel so terrible for not noticing it sooner, and not knowing why it's happening. He can't die, he's my first dog, and he's only 8, he's too young to die. If he dies I will kill myself, and I'm serious. I know that sounds stupid and OTT, and I know he'll have to leave sometime, but not yet, I can't let him go yet. I'm so scared, please pray for him.

Last edited by ComedyDevil; 10-07-2004 at 06:32 AM.
    Amy & the furkids

Keep thinking positive thoughts and the rest of us will send all our good wishes and prayers to your Toby baby. He's gonna be ok.

Peej and Bailey send you big ((((hugs)))).

Oh dear. You keep your thoughts positive and trust your vet to do the right thing for Toby. I know you are worried, but we are here for you and I will definitely be keeping your Toby in my prayers. Keep us posted, and go see him when you can. It will help him to see you, even if he is still in a drugged state.

Logan

Oh no Oh, please hang in there. I know how terrified you must be, but Pet Talk prayers have been known to work miracles. Please don't blame yourself. It's not something you could have seen coming. Hopefully they'll be a noticeable improvement following the fluid replacement, then hopefully they can find out what's causing this Lots and lots of prayers and postive thoughts for your beloved Toby are on the way. He's such a beautiful Labbie boy. We're here for you. Please don't think of doing anything drastic. Your pups need you and we're here for you. Check in when you can. {{{HUGS}}} Love, Sandra
    Cody and Star.
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 10-06-2004 at 06:01 PM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Oh Dear, sending oodles of ooodles of get
    well wishes that Toby will be ok.

Karen (((^..^)))

----<---<--<{(@

Oh no, poor Toby. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers, Amy... {{hugs}} I really hope he'll make it through okay.

Thinking of you.. keep us updated, please.

Prayers and thoughts coming your way for Toby. Please don't blame yourself, it's not your fault. And please don't talk about killing yourself, even if the worst happens your other babies need you! And we need you here too! PT prayers are mighty powerful so hang in there.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Hang in there Toby! Sending lots of hugs your way so you'll feel better very soon...and Amy...don't blame yourself for this! Everyone is here for you! Check back when you can and let us know how things are going. ><> prayers <>< and {{{hugs}}}! Hang in there

Judy and Chloe (and the rest of the gang is pulling for you too, Toby!)
    ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <><

<>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><>

Faith is being able to jump first and grow wings later

When a waterbug leaves his friends and climbs the stalks, he is unable to return. But he gains a beautiful new body and a glorious perspective on a new world. He knows his friends will join him with their new bodies one day...one glorious day

I'm so sorry to hear this. I know how scary it is when they're really sick. I almost lost Duke about a year and a half ago so I know how you feel. Please don't give up on Toby and go see him as often as you can. I think that's the best medicine you can give him. I hope they can help Toby to be happy and well again.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Oh Amy, my dear friend, I wish I'd seen this sooner. I'm praying and praying and praying that Toby will be fine.

You are NOT a bad mom for not noticing sooner. They fool us sometimes and make us think it's just a bug, or that they're ok when they're not. I know how much you love Toby, Squid, and Ollie. Those kids are EVERYTHING to you and I know, that you know that you haven't let Toby down. You're just worried and scared, as anyone would be.

I hugged Chester & Millie and said a little prayer for Toby & you. I don't pray often, so I don't know how much weight my voice carries, but PTer's prayers are miraculous.

Please, please keep us updated.

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Prayers coming your way for Toby. It's so hard when out beloved pets can't talk. Glad he's being treated, and saying many prayers that he'll do fine.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I hope Toby is ok. Don't kill yourself. Thats definitly not the right thing to do. If your having suicidal thoughs perhaps you should see someone

I am so sorry I'll keep praying that he'll be OK, I know how that feels (I almost lost my RB Jesse 2 years ago from Pancreatitis) and don't blame yourself, it's not your fault sometimes things like this happen unexpectedly. Please update us as soon as you know what's happenning. ((((hugs))))

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Lots of prayers & hugs coming yours and toby's way !!!!!!!!!!! Hugsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss s

Toby will be in my thoughts and prayers!
    {{{HUGS}}} to you during this scary time.

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*