Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on Cincy

Update on Cincy

Off I went to the vet this morning, with a littel cup a pee...

Cincy stilhas blood and bacteria in her urine The vet has put her on a stronger antibiotic for a week, and we do another recheck in 2 weeks.

I really don't know what to think may be going on with out little girl. I am going to call the vet tomorrow and talk to him more about causes/traeatment.long term affects. Do we need to do an ultrasound and see what is going on with her organs? Do we let it go two more weeks? I just want to make sure we are doing enough.

On a positive...she lost about 3 lbs in the last 2 weeks...the new food seems to be helping!!

Poor baby girl Did the vet mention anything about bladder stones? She would need an xray or ultrasound to determine that. Gosh, she's had this infection for some time now Does she seem be in any pain when she pees? If she still still having bloody urine after a week, I'd definitely give the vet a call. I hope and pray she feels lots better soon. Good girl Cincy, dropping the pounds

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Well... SOME Gud News!

At least it wasn't ALL bad!

URI will hopefull pass with the change of meds.

Is she feeling / acting OK?
    Other than possibly acting *STARVED*?

HANG IN THERE, Cincy!!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Awww, Cincy, I sure do hope all this gets cleared up real soon and you are all better. On a good note you did lose a few pounds, way to go girl!

Now, you make sure you are being a good girl and doing everything the dr. and mommy tells you too. We want you all better!

Hugs...Robin

Got some more info from the vet's office...

The 1st time they analyzed her urine they found struvite crystals, the most common seen crystals, and can lead to bladder stones. This time they saw no crystals, however there was an increase in the number blood cells, both white and red. The white indicates a lingering infection, which is why they are trying a stronger, more brad spectrum (fights more types of infections/bacteria's) then previously. The RBC's do not mean she is loosing blood, but 1) that blood is being sent to the area to help fight infections and 2)that there is an irritation or inflammation. She is not "bleeding" as if she was cut, but it is more a presence of blood on cellular level.
    They felt that from what they were seeing if a fairly common infection, treatable with the medications. They like to give it a few weeks for the meds and the diet adjustment to work before they go to more extensive, expensive measures. They feel two weeks is a long enough time to see some of this (and they have seen improvement), but not enough to delay treatment, although nothing they have seen indicates a more serious issue, then the crystals, which have been eliminated with the change in diet and the meds, or the infection now, that they new antibiotic should take care of. If, in 2 weeks there is still a problem, that is when they would think it appropriate to start looking at ultrasound/X-rays, more extensive blood test, etc. depending on what that analysis looks like.

Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke

Is she feeling / acting OK?
    Other than possibly acting *STARVED*?

HANG IN THERE, Cincy!!
    She acts just fine. That poor dog has been through so much, and never acts like she feels bad. Even when she was sick in April and vomitting, she still wanted to play ball. She is one tough little pup!

She does act alittle starved though...when she thinks we are't looking, she tries to steal the other dogs food...but it doesn't work!

Aw, Cincy, sweetie, glad to see you have improved but you need to get lots better or it's back to the white coats. Keep taking your medicine and eating your new food and feeling lots better.

My cats have all paws crossed for you (they hope you don't mind some feline well wishes) and I have prayers heading heavenward for you!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thank you for keeping us posted on cincy,,, Glad to hear there was a weight gain!! Hang in there lil one!

Thank you for the update!!!

Hang in there Cincy, I hope the new meds work!!
    Keep up the good work with the weight loss too!

~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

More prayers on the way for sweet Cincy. Sure hope these new meds work.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces

My cats have all paws crossed for you (they hope you don't mind some feline well wishes) and I have prayers heading heavenward for you!
    Of course we don't mind the feline good wishes...or any other kind for that matter!!

Thanks everyone!!

We've got those paws and claws crossed, Amy, hoping that Cincy will do better on these meds and be back to her old self soon!!!!

Hug her for me, please.

Logan

C'mon meds, get working! Thanks for the detailed update Keeping all paws and claws and fingers crossed that this round does the trick! Hugs to you Cincy Love, Sandra, Cody and Star

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

The girls and I are sending good thoughts and hugs to Cincy--we hope she feels better real soon!
    Oreo and Molly

Hope those meds start working soon! Get well quick!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)