Thread: Generosity

Generosity

My boss is the most wonderful person in the world.

The tailpipe on my car is broken and has been for a while, and I have some other things wrong with my car. My boss knows this, and when he came in today (he's 67 and only comes in about once every 2-3 weeks, he should be retired by now) he asked about my car. I said I hadn't gotten it fixed yet and he asked why. I said because I didn't really have the money. Later in the day, as he was getting ready to leave, he told me a story about how he believes hardworking people should be rewarded...and he slapped a $100 bill down on the table. He said, "Don't tell your co-workers," and started to leave. I immediately started crying - I feel so guilty! I told him I couldn't take it, that he didn't have to, and that I didn't mean to make him give me money, and he just wouldn't hear it...he ran out the door and wouldn't let me give it back.

You guys don't know how much this means to me. I overdrew my bank account yesterday (I have overdraft protection so it only cost me $9, but still), I don't have enough money to pay my bills....and it's not my boss's fault. They've given me a promotion and two raises in the 10 months I've worked here, which is beyond anything I expected. They pay me well for what I do. I just have $425 in rent (too much), $251 in school loan payments, and all my other bills to pay every month. Plus this weekend I'm a bridesmaid in my best friend's wedding, so I had to buy a present, get my dress altered, go to the bachelorette party and all that jazz. So to say I'm broke is really an understatement, I'm in debt - I owe my boyfriend $200 for bills. And just when I need it the most...someone selflessly decides to give me their hard-earned money. I'm still crying just thinking about it.

Sorry, just had to share ...

That is one hellava Boss, good on him, I believe as he does, hard-working people should be rewarded, good on you for doing so well in your job as well, be proud of yourself, and remember he would not have given it to you, if you did not deserve it.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I love to hear when good things happen to good people. There will be a light at the end of this tunnel - I promise. I have been in shoes like yours before, Lizzielou - and the light does come on after a while. Right now you are just building your base so that it is good and solid for later in life.

I hope your best friend's wedding goes great and have fun at the reception.

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    That's one terrific boss! Just make sure you get that noisy car fixed so he doesn't yell at you later!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

That is so great! You're lucky to have someone so nice to work for. I think he's a really nice guy for doing that. I hope things get better for you soon.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Angel in disguise! Your boss is awesome for what he did! See, things have a way of turning around . . . you never know what tomorrow will bring. (is that a song? LOL)
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

What a great story, and what a great boss!

That is so sweet! Bosses like that are one of a kind!

Thank you Wolfie!

What a great boss!!!
    My old boss bought me lunch a few times when I did over time for her or when I went back to her for most training after I left. I still owe her $10.00 but she wont let me pay it.. I plan to give her a gife & the 10.00 will also be in there hehe