Thread: Women... Read before you vote! This is a Big deal for us!

Women... Read before you vote! This is a Big deal for us!

The Bush Administration's policies have ignored and neglected issues that matter to women - equality, health care and domestic violence. He has cut funding for breast and cervical cancer research, as well as maternal and child health. He cut $38 million for the Rape Prevention and Education Grant Program, and $2.8 billion for battered women's shelters.

If anyone is, or has ever been, affected by someone with breast cancer, or has been a victim of domestic violence or abuse, this should absolutely NOT be ok with you. Where is all the money going that Bush is taking away from programs that need support? Take a guess! Watch the news.

Bush's disregard for the rights and equality of Americans is appalling. Do we really want someone like that in office for 4 more years? Personally, I'd like to see ALL American's equal. If Bush gets re-elected he will make it a point to separate and draw lines.
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

Yikes. I really hope Bush doesn't win. I'm going to end up moving back to Latvia if he wins!!! :-\
    I'm scared of the decisions Bush will make for the U.S. if he wins the election..

Me too! We're really going to need help if he wins again. Going by tomorrow to get my Kerry bumper sticker.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Thanks for posting this!! Glad I put up my "Love America - Defeat Bush!" Sticker and got registered and whatnot...

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Originally posted by WolfChan
    Glad I put up my "Love America - Defeat Bush!" Sticker and got registered and whatnot...
    Hee hee, mine says "Re-defeat Bush." Right next to my Kerry-Edwards bumper sticker. I had one that was a "W" with a circle with a slash over it (like a "No Smoking" sign), but it fell off.

I had one that was a "W" with a circle with a slash over it (like a "No Smoking" sign), but it fell off.
    Maybe that was a sign for you!!!

Heinz means no women's vote for Kerry
    Sarah Baxter, New York
    September 27, 2004
    THE jury was out for a while, but Teresa Heinz Kerry has been declared a resounding liability by women.

In a scathing attack, the feminist writer Naomi Wolf claims the exotic ketchup heiress is having an emasculating effect on John Kerry, her second husband. "Listen to what the Republicans are hitting Kerry with: Indecisive. Effete. French. They are all but calling this tall, accomplished war hero gay," she writes in New York magazine.

Wolf, who advised Al Gore on capturing the women's vote in 2000, blames Heinz Kerry for making the charge stick. "Let's start with Heinz. There is no genteel way to put it – she is publicly, subliminally, cuckolding Kerry with the power of another man – a dead Republican man at that."

Heinz Kerry's first husband, John Heinz III, was a senator whom she has called "the love of my life". He died in a plane crash in 1991, bequeathing his fortune to his widow.

"Her first husband was (as she herself is now) vastly more wealthy than her second husband," Wolf points out. "Throw into all of this her penchant for black, a colour that no woman wears in the heartland, and you have a recipe for just what Kerry is struggling with now."

Democrats are alarmed that Kerry has lost the advantage he enjoyed among women until recently. In the latest Fox News poll, Bush enjoys a two-point lead among women.

That narrow gap represents a potentially costly reversal in the Democrats' fortunes. In the 2000 election, Gore won 54 per cent of the women's vote to Bush's 43 per cent and still failed to win the White House.

Wolf memorably advised the Democrat candidate to act like an alpha male. In her current critique she returns to the theme, arguing that "presidents are archetypes of male potency".

At the Democrat convention, she writes, "Teresa Heinz Kerry's speech, which all but ignored her husband, did more to emasculate him than the opposition ever could".

In contrast, Laura Bush's depiction of her husband "wrestling" with issues of war and peace enhanced the President's potency.

Heinz Kerry has been struggling to gain the affections of the public ever since she told a reporter to "shove it". When an Arizona newspaper put it to her last week that the state was slipping from her husband's reach, she replied: "Who cares?"

She also said she "wouldn't be surprised" if Osama bin Laden were captured next month, joining the conspiracy mongers who believe the President is harbouring al-Qa'ida's leader and will spring an "October surprise".

There was no mention that his capture would be a great coup for America.

---------------------------------------

"Who cares" if Kerry loses Arizona???+

Emasculated by a ketchup heiress..

How embarrassing!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Saw a bumper sticker yesterday that said "Yee-Ha is not a
    Foreign Policy "
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

George W. Bush cannot cut funding for programs. That is done by congress and congress alone. He can ask, push and prod for the legislation he wants, but cannot cut, reduce or adjust line items in the budget. That power would take a constitutional amendment, as congress passes the budget and the president either signs or vetoes it. If you are upset about the budget, take it out on your congressional reps.