Whew!! What an adventure! We had three wonderful stops and visited three dear PT friends Now, armed with three tiny kittens, we headed northbound.
The crate was in the backseat - and sometimes they all slept (the hammock was WONDERFUL and they loved it!!)

Sometimes they kinda hung out and watched the scenery and talked to me in the front seat. Here's Mysty..

Most of the time, I left two in the crate and held one baby at a time on my lap so everyone had snuggle with a purrson time. About an hour down the road - I saw that Robbie had just done his main business, thought it would then be a good time to take him out, so I reached in a grabbed him. Well...apparently he wasn't..uh...quite done. I found myself spattered with poo. Shirt, jeans, arms, seatbelt, his feet, his bum etc. PEEE UUUU A dozen wetwipes later we settled in for a snuggle. Oh well, I have been covered in worse.

Dennis was getting pretty tired after about 3 hours and it had been a long day already so we found a motel that allowed the kittens with a cash deposit and settled in for the night. I had a WONDERFUL and very welcome shower after cleaning out the kitten's crate and also sink washing the stinky bums.
Lizzie then enjoyed some pillow time with her daddy..

and even some headbumpies! Tiny headbumpies!!

more to follow...