Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why can't you have dogs and kids????

I agree that it's always good to try to see things in different perspectives. I think I just have a hard time when I see the language of "for sale" and "comes with such and such." It just sounds so callous, even though she may not mean it that way. I do hope the pup finds a wonderful forever home.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

I too hope this dog finds a loving new home. How I wish that home could be here, but it cannot right now.

Just this morning I was at the vets office and I met a woman and her beautiful viszla. The poor dog has lupus, and the woman told me she is afraid she cannot do another round of treatment--she needs foot surgery, her kids are busy, and that it's very hard on her, but she has contacted the breeder, who will take the dog back. Another instance where I wish I could have just told her I would take the dog, but I can't do that.

Thank you for your perspective Clara. Initially when I read it, I was going to send her an angry email, but figured I would sleep on it. Reading your response, and others makes me think I will send her a supportive one if anything.

And of course, Christy (Dakotasmommy) is exactly who I think of when people say they can't have dogs and kids--she did a wonderful job, especially with her husband not around at first.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada