Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Furminology Dictionary Update 9/28/04

Lap Dance Verb - (Lahp Dahns) The non-erotic steps taken across your lap so the cat can get comfortable.

Furr-ocity V. (Fuhr-OH-Citee) The act of biting the hooman who tries to pick up or move a slumbering cat.

Ten Gallon Cat N. (tehn Gah-lon khat) A large cat who tries to fit him/herself on top or into a space where only a 9 gallon cat would fit.

Cate-gory- noun (khat Eh Goh ree)- The yakked up fur balls you step in late at night.

Myspace (n): exact location where cat chooses to make herself comfortable, e.g., center of double bed. See also tortellini, meat loaf and circle of kitty.
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 07-16-2008 at 10:25 AM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

CM!

That was funny!

Superman Sleep v. (Suh perh Mahn Slep) The sleeping cat postion with the legs extended in front, with the head in between.

Face/book, Facebook v. (fayse/buhk, fayse buhk) The bedtime ritual of the cat trying to get your attention while you read.
    Last edited by RICHARD; 08-31-2008 at 12:03 PM.

Cat-harsis n. (Khat thar Sis) The suddern realization that you ARE THERE FOR YOUR CAT.
    Last edited by RICHARD; 08-31-2008 at 12:02 PM.

New Term

Furminology Dictionary

FRICKS-When a cat is frisky. "They've got the FRICKS."
    There is no such thing as failure, just learning experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Cat-harsis n. (Khat thar Sis) The suddern realization that you ARE THERE FOR YOUR CAT.
    Meowledge (n): realization, following cat-harsis, that cat is here for me, too.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Sometimes the "lap fungus" can spread to your chest and shoulders:

"Monkey toes" - somewhat like turkey toes, but it's when a kitty is using the back toes to hang on to a window ledge or similar skinny place, the way monkeys use their feet like hands!

"Making a flagpole" is what their back leg does when they are washing their nether regions.

"Heavy head" - when a kitten is playing and all of a sudden, their head just flops over and they fall asleep.

"Sumo pose" - beautifully demonstrated by the lovely Ritzy here:

"Kitty boobies" - another name for the parade float or meatloaf.

"Cotton balls" - this could be either an adorable white puffy muzzle, OR the white "goodies" on the back of a male cat.

"Digging for buried treasure" - cleaning the litter box.

"Crime scene" - pretty much anywhere the cats have been when you're not home , with obvious evidence.

"Watery love eyes" - my daughter coined this one; it's when a kitty looks at you with love in their heart and their eyes get a little watery.

"Nosekoosies" - when a kitty "kisses" you with a raspy tongue on the end of your nose.
    Last edited by All Creatures Great And Small; 10-22-2008 at 11:08 PM.
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

My late mom had some of the best kitty terms:

"Hoo-ing", which is when a kitty smells something extra stinky or good, and then holds his mouth open to savor it. (I have never caught a picture of this.)

"Zooming" for when a kitty is on his side, stretched as far as he/she can stretch, and curved backward. (Like Elast-O-Cat)

"Pie crust holes" ! The neat lines of dots on a kitty's muzzle where the whiskers come out - back in the old days they used a fork to prick holes in the bottom of a pie crust in neat rows so that's where Mom got it from.

"Griffying", when a cat is on his/her back or side, and uses their claws to pull/propel themselves along the edge of a couch. I've never seen my kitties do this, but I remember the kitties we had when I was a kid would do this constantly, to the point of wrecking the bottom ruffle of the couch! I saw an example of this in a YouTube video and it cracked me up - watch for the kitty with the big round cushion on the floor. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvo-g_JvURI&NR=1

"Needle-y teeth" - the very tiny almost invisible teeth between the main fangs. (Yes, my dumba** kitty is chewing on my sewing machine)
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

ACGAS.

Oh, Kitty boobies could also be Kitty T-tties.

Jelly Belly
    n. (jeh lee beh Lee) The belly of any cat that sags a bit. See Old Man's Pants.

Oh yes, we call them the t***ies around here, just didn't want to post that on the site!

Our name for the swaying underbelly of a kitty is "flub pouch"!

Poof v. (pouf) The disapperance of a mistreated cat, usually by a savior looking to better the cat's life.

Oops look (n). The look Cassie gives me when she realizes that I know she coughed up a hair ball, or barfed on the rug, or left a dingle on the carpet, while I was gone. (Sorry, Meowm!)

Resolve moment (n). What happens after the Oops look. Named for Resolve, which does a good job of getting barf spots out of my rug. (Also known as a 409 moment if I'm out of Resolve!)