Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Furminology Dictionary Update 9/28/04

Kitty Smooches-Eskimo Kisses given as a hello or when your kitty wants something. See "headbumpies."

Very helpful list!!!
    Lightning theSuperCat!

"A recent study says that over 100% of all cats are nuerotic. That estimate is probably on the low side"

"Most cats need 24 hours of sleep a day. Many cats need more than that"

Cat-alyst-verb- (Kat-a-list) 1) The cat that starts all the fights.
    2) Cat supplies written on a piece of paper, What the cat needs from the store.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

This is TOO good!

I'm a proud owner of a fur piece, thank you! I love these terms... cracked me right up!

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Furkid I get but skinkid always freaks me out.

I can't help but think of an alien for some reason LOL
    Don't Breed & Buy
    While Homeless Pets Die
    Ritchi
    Sammi

This one came to me this morning thanks to a cat who shall remain nameless (Spook, caugh)

Claw Cushion: Your feet transform into this at 5 am if you happen to roll over and hit the resident feline and disturb its sleep patterns. Sometimes, the feeline will return to sleep without removing the claws from your feet!!

Cat House- n. (kat howse) The place where your cat let's you live.

Cat-aclysm v. (Kat a kli sum) the remains of an area a cat(s) has run around in while you were gone.

cat nap - Noun- (kat nap) Dreaming of your cats or being awakened by the tail whipping across your face.
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

PILEOCATS when they all get together!
    And Holstein Meezer,which is what Scrappy 2 is convinced that she is,a very rare and special Cat.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Leaky Eye Syndrome or LES n. (Leekey AYE Sin-Droom)

The affliction that all PTers get when they read about another pet or PTers
    triumphs or tragedies.
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

update March 2006

update March 2006
    Last edited by sirrahbed; 09-27-2006 at 01:08 PM.

Thanks Debbie, I knew I could count on you to have it. It has been so much fun going back through this thread again and laughing at it. ONLY ON PET TALK!!! (That's why I love this place!)

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Hot Bunking-v. (Haut Bun-keen) From the practice used on submarines to save space/two sailors taking turns using a bunkbed. Warming up the spot on the couch/bed/chair, getting up only to come back and find the cat soaking up your heat.

Heateorite- N. (heet-ee-ore-eyte) The lump of cat that lands on top of you while you are sleeping.

Cyclops-N. (Si-klops) The one eye look (stink eye) you get when you wake up the sleeping kitty.

I know some of these are described in the Dictionary but I thought this was cute also.

LITTLE KNOWN FELINE AILMENTS: Having conquered cat flu, triumphed over tapeworm and braved behavioural quirks, it is time to focus attention on some oft-observed, but little-documented, afflictions of cats.

COLLAPSIBLE LEGS
    Symptoms: The affected cat places one side of its head on the ground as though cheek-marking the concrete, carpet etc. After several such manoeuvres, the legs on that side of the cat suddenly collapse, leaving the cat waggling its feet in the air.

Treatment: This involves placing the palm of one hand on the exposed belly and rubbing gently. There are side-effects though - some feline sufferers attack the rubbing hand while others recover spontaneously, often after prolonged treatment. This condition is probably incurable and any cat which requires prolonged treatment after an attack will most likely suffer repeated attacks of collapsible legs throughout its lifetime.

SNUDGING
    Symptoms: The affected cat repeatedly head butts any available part of a readily available human and turns its head slightly so that the lips and cheek are rubbed against legs, arms, clothing etc. This condition gets its name from a contraction of the phrase "soggy nudging." Snudging may well be a form of excessive scent-marking. A bad attack can result in soggy clothing.

Treatment: Give the sufferer lavish affection. Most attacks subside between 10 minutes to 1 hour after onset of symptoms. You may need to dry off snudged clothing or skin. Attacks recur frequently, usually when the most readily available human is engrossed in a TV program, book or telephone call.

BED-HOGGING
    Symptoms: The cat spreads to take up all available free bed space at night. It then expands a bit more until any human occupants occupy the smallest possible area of bed. It may do this on top or underneath the covers or on the pillow. It is highly contagious - any other cats on the bed will also develop symptoms of bed-hogging.

Treatment: The most obvious solution is to evict the cat from the bed. If this is morally unfeasible, train yourself not to give way as the cat expands. Buying a bigger bed is probably pointless as most affected cats can easily expand to fill standard, queen-sized and king-sized beds. Otherwise, simply train yourself to sleep while hanging precariously off the side of the bed. Attacks of bed-hogging have been known to last up to 23 hours (in one case a 3-day attack was noted by a cat-owner who was confined to bed with flu; the cat thoughtfully kept her company during this time).

IRRITABLE LAP SYNDROME
    Symptoms: The cat appears unable to settle comfortably on laps, instead treading, kneading, rearranging itself, fidgeting, vocalizing, getting up and turning around, falling off lap and getting back on again, attacking magazines, needlework, computer keyboard, telephone etc.

Treatment: Immediate treatment is essential. Drop whatever you are doing (literally if need be) and give 100% attention to the sufferer otherwise symptoms may escalate and become quite distressing to the lap-owner. Only prolonged attention will cure an attack of Irritable Lap Syndrome. Like Collapsible Legs this syndrome is incurable, although attacks may be effectively treated as and when they occur.

LAP FUNGUS DISORDER
    Symptoms: Having taken over a human lap, the cat proceeds to spread in all planes. This may be accompanied by secondary symptoms such as high volume purring, dribbling, kneading and snoring. The condition is highly contagious and several fungoid cats may infest a lap simultaneously.

Treatment: Topical treatment with proprietary anti-fungals is ineffective. Prompt treatment (as per Irritable Lap Syndrome) is required to alleviate the worst symptoms although in a number of cats, such treatment actually exasperates the condition. This disorder manifests itself periodically through the affected cat's life and there is no long-term cure.

SMURGLING
    Symptoms: Varied: sucking at clothing, owners earlobes/nose/fingers/skin, drooling, glazed expression. Often accompanied by kneading and high volume purring.

Treatment: Ultimately incurable. It is possible to remove smurglable items from around the cat. The ailment may be transmitted to humans in the form of large laundry bills, misshapen clothing and chapped skin.

GREEBLINGZ
    Symptoms: Random dashes through to helter-skelter running through house in pursuit of unseen prey. Greeblingz are believed to be non-visible entities and some authorities have linked them to UFO sightings or feel that they may be diminutive other-dimensional beings. Cats suffering from greeblingz typically have wild-eyed expressions. There is a minor danger of greeblingz attaching themselves to humans; if a cat tackles such greeblingz, injury to humans may result. A very few cats are naturally immune.

Treatment: None known. Anti-epileptics are ineffective as the condition appears unrelated to other forms of seizure. Avoid getting in the way of a cat engaged in greebling hunting. Attacks usually subside spontaneously, perhaps as greeblingz return to their own dimension. These irritating creatures are not visible to human eyes, but no doubt the superior sight and hearing of cats enables them to see them.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Slick, you forgot Yowlitis

Symptoms: Yowling, caterwaling, mewling, mouthing off or otherwise being LOUD

Treatment: Pay attention to cat. Pet cat. Tell cat how good/pretty/handsome he or she is. Repeat as necicary