Thread: behavioral

behavioral

k, i figured it out.. my cat pottys on the floor because...
    we moved to this house 3 months ago.. the people that lived here before had 3 or 4 cats. which i assume were not spayed or neutered, because the neighbors told me that one was pregnant.. one that is not spayed, sprays.....

also.... that pregnant one got away, and got left behind, now there are kittens runnin streets.. eating peoples trash.. past few days i have been putting kitty food out there so they have something healthier to eat..

anyways, back to the behavioral... i used this enzyme.. called pet enzyme.. its not working, or i havent cleaned it well enough, so i bought a hand wet vac thinggy... so hopefully it will work..

i looked at the feliway stuff, and you have to spray it 2x a day for i dont know how long, and that stuff is expensive..

what remedies have worked the best for yall?

Well, when the potty problem is really "only" behavioral", Feliway is a solution. To get rid of the smell, you can also use baking soda if the enzymes fail. I got a very bad smell out of my sofa last year, when Luna had a "potty accident" there.

But if the cat hasn't been checked by the vet yet, I would recommand to have the urine tested. In most cases, bladder infections are the cause for litter box problems.

(If you're interested, you can also read my article on this subject here .)

Kirsten

so. with the baking powder, should i clean the carpet first, then let dry, then use the baking powder?

shes also been using the box more now that i took the top off,, maybe she didnt like the dome that trapped the oders in..

I know Feliway is expensive but it really does help. I've been using it with Ripley and not only has he not sprayed again (knock on wood) but he's turned into a real love bug cat.

I look at it as Feliway is cheaper than replacing carpet. Also, I found the best deal on it at Petfooddirect.com . Plus they have a 20% coupon - ORDSC95.

From Decker with Love