Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What gets you up when your feeling down?

What gets you up when your feeling down?

I don't want to start a Awww poor me thing, but I'm just been so down lately and can't seem to find anything to bring me out of it.

The last year has been fill with to many downs. Ginger died, Brock died, hurricanes killed my rabbits, 4 of my kittys, gone, wiped out 2 fish tanks of fish and my Chin passed. My back yard still looks like H#$L, my side wall looks like a patch work quilt. Hurricanes brought on hard feelings with family, that was staying with us. I guess living to close toghter was to much for us. And every little thing/person seem to be getting on my nerves as I think I am getting on everyones else nerves too. Well you get the idea, life has sucked lately around here.

So what gets you up when your down? And I'm sorry to say, PT is not working for me right now. In some ways it's just reminds me of my lost babies. I have some guilt with them, if I had not of listened to everyone else who told me to set them (kitty's) free in the hurricane, they still be with me. I understand their reason for it. Like they said, If for some reason the house didn't make it they would been traped inside and most likely all would died. So I set them free as told.

I did join Dogster, something new, thinking that if I wrote/talked about the good in my puppy's that might bring me back into those good feeling I use to have about my pets, instead of thinking about the losted ones. Well, that failed, it just reminded me that Mooch and Cannilla are soon to follow, between cancer and old old age.

I know everyone has their up and downs, it's normal. So what differnt or crazy thing has brought any of you out of it? I think I need something that's not pet related. Don't get me wrong I love my babies and they mean the world to me, but sometimes I belive to be their for them completly, you have to take care of yourself first.

Surround yourself with the people you love...those who can cheer you up. When you can't do that, eat chocolate and listen to your favorite music, very, very loud.

I hope you feel better soon.

Milo, Lady, and Mama always cheer me up

Wet sloppy kisses from my pups!
    Running around the yard playing with my pups!
    Curling up on the couch watching TV with my pups!

I sure hope things get better for you, I can't say I know what you are going through. All I can say is that I am sorry for your bad luck, and I pray things get better for you soon!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I've been down a lot lately. I just stay/talk with family, do something with my pets or listen to music amd try to just relax and focus on the music

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

PT helps me alot when Im feeling down..

So does taking pictures, I almost always go and take some pictures when Im feeling down, it's just something I love and it helps take my mind off of whatever Im down about.

Jasper also helps me alot, he is so goofy(typical Boxer--as you know )

Maybe try to think about what you have, instead of what you have lost!

I hope you feel better soon, Libby! {{{Hugs}}}

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

* Go horse back riding
    * Hang out at the stable
    * Go for a hike
    * Take Tasha for a walk
    * Play with Peanut, Sam, and/or ratties
    * Take pictures of stuff (flowers, animals, etc)
    * Watch a good movie

stuff like that....
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

* cuddling with Tito and Sophie
    * shopping! Buying makeup and clothes is a big help to me. Unless I have to use the credit card, which makes me feel guilty...
    * taking baths
    * eating chocolate!!
    * posting on PT!

Shopping is always a fun thing to do! I also love to listen to music. Doing some crafts is fun. I'm already getting in the Christmas spirit so I've been listening to Christmas music. I hope it gets better for you soon.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

If it's possible, go outside on a nice day somewhere nice - a park, your yard, somewhere quiet and relaxing and look around you. Listen. You'll see and hear things we taken for granted every day - the sun on your skin, the blue sky and the smell of grass... dogs barking, babies laughing... those are all things to cherish.

Some things that work for me

engross myself in the brain numbing activity of playing my X Box and cranking up my music. There is something cathartic about beating the crud out of some anoying little virtual people lol

Writing songs. Im in a band (well kind of) and writing music really helps

Playing with Remus. I cant be depressed around that cat, ever lol.

Bowl. Same thing goes with bowling as with the video games. The pins make great targets

I hope you feel better. Depression sucks, I know. *Hugs* for you!

I usually do some of the following:
    1) Go horseback riding
    2) play with Tango
    3) go for a walk
    4) take pictures of the dogs/horse

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Originally posted by DogLover9501

Maybe try to think about what you have, instead of what you have lost!
    This is the best advice! No matter how bleak things seem there is always someone who is going through a worse time. The blessings in my life are my family, especially my precious grandson, and my pets.

When I get really down in the dumps I think of my brother's wife. She is slowly dying of terminal cancer. No matter what life throws at me (us) as long as we have our health we have everything!!

My rabbits....nothing else can help me like my rabbits!I spend hours sitting in their hutch petting them and laughing at them! They are so silly and sweet & ALWAYS bring my mood up!

I understand how you feel (although I didn't have to go through all you've been through).
    I've have been so down since Angus has went to the bridge I've just wanted to cry every day & the last couple of days have seemed to be worse than ever.
    Like you PT is not as fun as it used to be for me either. It just reminds me how much I miss Angus. And I guess it's because he was such a big part of my PT life.
    So I am trying to spend alot of time with my girls. Take them for walks playing with them and just in general giving them all the love I would have give my big boy.
    I hope soon that you'll find something to bring you out of this depression.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets