Thread: Cat Nip

Cat Nip

Hello,
    I'm curious I don't really understand the concept of cat nip, I've never given it to any of my cats.... What does it do make them high??? Isn't that bad for them?? What age can you give it to them at... just curious I'm not giving it to her... Does everyone agree with it or is it like a debate, I dunno it seems wierd no offence... I saw my friend give her cat some and he was acting all wonky. I think its sad.... Someone please eduacate me i'd really like to know??

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

I have Pet Of The Year contests at my house!
    Nope its not bad for them.. They just kinda roll in it they don't walk around just their attitude will change for a little bit. Mama loves it! Most "Picky" cats like the Pure brand Kookamunga Catnip Mama will only eat that

There's really nothing wrong with giving a kitty some catnip. It isn't a drug so it has no permanant affect to their brains or anything like that. Catnip is a mint and the scent affects a certain part of their brain that causes them to respond the way they do. Not all cats respond to it, normally young kittens seem unaffected by it.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

* points to Uabassoon * what he said! lol

Here's a good article to read.

Catnip- Fun or Dangerous
    I've been Defrosted!

Uabassoon- What age do they have to be? Milo is 2 months do you think he is old enough to get the effect?

Miloluver the link says no effect till 3 months so it'd be pointless to give it to him I guess... Milo looks older then 2 months anywats...next time you go to your vet ask for a estimate on his age....
    thank you for the link Uabassoon!!!

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

oops he just turned 3 months I forgot lol He turned it on September 1st lol when we got him he was 2 months old

Originally posted by Jods
    Miloluver the link says no effect till 3 months so it'd be pointless to give it to him I guess... Milo looks older then 2 months anywats...next time you go to your vet ask for a estimate on his age....
    thank you for the link Uabassoon!!!
    He was born at the shelter.. When they got the mother she was pregant. She had a black kitten with darker stripes and a grey kitten with darker stripes then there was Milo she was grey she was in the same room as then different glass cage though. So they didn't estimate its his real age.. He is a Domestic Short-Hair usaully they are big

okay, I was just wondering... I didn't say they estimated I said ask your vet to... Hope I didn't upset you... He's gonna be a big boy then

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

Uabassoon- What age do they have to be? Milo is 2 months do you think he is old enough to get the effect?
    The best thing to do is just try it. It won't hurt him at his age as catnip isn't dangerous, he'll just either be affected by it or not.
    I've been Defrosted!

Originally posted by Jods
    okay, I was just wondering... I didn't say they estimated I said ask your vet to... Hope I didn't upset you... He's gonna be a big boy then
    No you didn't upset me
    He will be a BIG boy! lol He is already hard enough for me to pick up!

I know it wont hurt him I have soom Kooka I'll go see if he likes it and give some to Mama

Mama enjoyed it and rolled in it.. Milo well he is a different story lol now I have a Cat Nip Heaven in my house

Catnip,is a mild stimulant,that some Cats,love,and others ignore! A Little Nip.makes the Found Cats.lively,and helps a shy one,become more social! Buy a little pouch,and give it a try!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS