Thread: What do I do?!?!

What do I do?!?!

My dog just got back from hunting, and I found out that she was territorial over her kennel when the other dog was around it. I feel terrible, and I don't know what to do! She lives in a single dog house hold, so I don't know if thats the problem or what. Also, when the other dogs owner was petting her, she growled when the other dog came up. I feel like such a terrible mommy! I don't know what to do! Please help me! I don't want this behavior to continue.

~Miranda Rae~

*bump* What should i do?

Thats normal for dogs to be territorial around theyre things,I guess since its her cage,she didnt want to other dog near it.and since she is the only dog in the house,she will be territorial with her things,and its not a big deal.as long as she's not being overly aggressive,like snapping,and snarliing etc.
    For the petting thing,it might be just jealousy(spll?),she didnt want the other dog to get attention from someone who is giving her attention.
    Your not being a bad mommy!

Mabye try when the other dogs owner is petting her,and the other dog comes up,mabye take her away to let the other dog get patted on the head or whatever.Try not to let her keep the othe dog away from his owner...

Sorry if that was confusing..lol

Thanks....its not confusing at all. I feel so bad though.

MINE

i think you are dealing with resource guarding and it is only likely to get worse if you don't start managing it. it may even get to the point where she guards things from you. i would suggest a book called "mine" by jean donaldson to help recondition her behavior. the book is fairly inexpensive and you can get here http://www.dogwise.com