Thread: Landlords kiss saves spin kitty.

Landlords kiss saves spin kitty.

A pub landlord gave his wife's kitten the kiss of life after accidentally putting it into the washing machine while it slept in a pile of towels.

Vets told 43-year-old Stuart Warden that his quick-thinking had saved 12-week-old Frankie's life. "I thought artificial respiration would blow water out of his lungs and the vet said it probably saved him," he said.

Mr Warden is a former fireman who runs the Swan Inn at Whissonsett, Norfolk, with his wife Suzanne, 41. The landlord, who also works as a part-time printer in Heybridge, Essex, said he put a pile of towels into the machine without realising the ginger tom had bedded down in them. "He was probably going around in the machine for about five minutes before we realised. I could hear him crying, but didn't know where he was," said Mr Warden.

Mr Warden said the kitten was wobbly for a few days after the incident. He had water in his lungs and suffered from hypothermia. But he seems to have made a full recovery.

Source of story with small picture of the kitten. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/b...ts/3669094.stm

Poor cat to have to go through something so horrible.I'm glad he'll be ok.I never understand why people don't put clothes in the washer individually like your suppose to.

Thanks Kim for the gorgeous signature!

OMG! What a horrible thing to happen to the little guy! Thank God they got to him in time. He is a real cutie!

As for putting clothes in the washer one at a time Carla...it was a man! Sorry, no offense to anyone. It's just that most of the time you guys take the shortest way out.
    Ummm, I hope that wasn't Mike!

Hi CCL..No Mike just reads these.He won't type anything.LOL

Thanks Kim for the gorgeous signature!

Poor kitty, I'm happy to hear that he's ok though. Even with the most careful kitty parents accidents do happen, but it's was lucky for the kitty that he knew how to save it.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Gee...there seem to be a lot of washing machine/dryer stories flying around here lately! I'm glad to hear the kitten was OK...hope he was checked by a vet and monitored to assure no pneumonia is cropping up.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Poor kitty had to be terrified! Thank God they heard him and someone knew what to do or the outcome would have been tragic...

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Thank God,that that Gentleman,was able to avert,a tragedy!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS