Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More On the Help Needed from Laura's Babies

More On the Help Needed from Laura's Babies

Ok, This is a Pick up on the story about the kitty that Laura's Babies Asked for your help. The little guy is not doing to good right now it's like he is totally limp but still alert. We found him lying in our flowerbed almost lifeless this morning. We went out got him put him on the Porch, gave him some food, and he did try to get down off the porch, But feel off is what happened. Now I do remember @ about 2:30 am Dusty went crazy at the sound of what we thought to be cats fighting. Then we wake up to find him sleeping in our Flowerbed. Poor thing can bearly move. I am begening to wonder if he has been Poisoned or if they just tried to use him as a football and he now has an internal injury. I am not going to say what i would like to do to these type of People, But i will say the Law would not Agree with Me. Hey as you can tell Mom raised Me better. But the biggest question I have is how can someone can take a pet and just put it out when they get tired of them. But thats it for now and will post everyone on his progress. These Little guy's need Prayers and a new home.
    Dusty Forever Home.
    May You Rest In Peace Princess

I'm sending prayers and positive thoughts to these little ones. Have you had any luck in contacting a rescue who can assist with some cut-price vet work, to at least find out what the problem is.

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

So Kev, how is he this morning...Are his eyes still alert? Is he still eating and most important, has he went to the potty yet?

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    OMG..I just read the other thread about this little guy. Still no bowel movement etc? Spinal injuries respond quick to a cortizone (maybe it's different med) if done as soon as possible. There's a message board that's very active at www.handicappedpets.com Maybe someone can help figure out what's gone wrong with this kitty.Great source of advice at least. He really does need to see a vet if he makes it. Purrayers, and keep us posted please.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

QSL, since this kitty has not been fed on a regular basis, I think he might go a day or so of eating regular before he has a bowel movement. While he wasn't emancipated, he was not being fed on a regular basis but he eats like a horse!!

The Little Guy

He is still down but a little more alert this morning. He is still eating ......but still no potty yet the wife was up most of the night monitoring him. He is moving around this morning but real slow. with any luck the little guy (Cheech is what we was told his name was) will be back to normal this afternoon. So just try and keep him in mind throughout the day.
    Dusty Forever Home.

Poor little guy, I hope he keep improving.

Please keep us updated on how he is doing.

From Decker with Love

Any improvement is cause for hope!!! Moving around, even slow is better than yesterday. Now, Kid.. We have to find a HOME for this poor baby! (and turn those idiots into Animal control!)

WE are sending Prayers,but are going,to be taking in Two Strays,this year Horace,The Maine Coon,and Franklin Twoi,the Son,of Franklin,taht the AWA got a Good Furrever Home For!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Hope he makes it to the vet.Looks like an emergency visit is needed.

Thanks Kim for the gorgeous signature!

Sending well-wishes and positive vibes to this poor little guy. It's still a mystery to me what's wrong with him, but whatever it is, I hope he can recover from that.

But he needs a home. I'm speechless about his so-called owners!

Kirsten

Status

Ok this afternoon Little Guy (Cheech) is doing a lot Better he is moving around better today then when we found him. He had cat litter on his back paw so he has done Something in there. Poor guy still needs a good home. Our Landlord here is a Sheriff's Deputy and he said he was going to pick them up and bring them to the Shelter when no one is around........ Maybe they will get as lucky as Dusty and Princess. Would be nice to take them in but, we have 2 Full-Time Babies and 3 Part-time Babies (28 days here and 28 Days with mom). But will inform you of any changes in the near future.
    Dusty Forever Home.

Why would they (I assume you mean Cheech and his "twin" brother" to a shelter when no one is around? Is a no kill shelter that will spring for all the vet bills? You guys must be sooooo stressed out! Thank goodness you were where you were when you were and took this guy in or he would have mulch for the flower bed! Me and my 9 thank you! Does Cheech need sponsoring to get work done? An appeal could be made on cat rescue and other websites..

I think just about all our shelters are kill shelters. In the shape Cheech was in yesterday, they would have just took him in the back and PTS. I live 2 Parishes away (Parish = counties every other state except in La. they are called Parishes) so it is not where I can run over and get the kitty or really do any good finding it a good home with people here or run it to the vet. I just happened to have went yesterday to take my kitties since it is time for me to go back to work and that was the day they found him in their yard...

Dusty's people both work so there is no one there to take him to a vet, even if they had the money to do it and neither work close to home where they could run it to the vet on their lunch hour (even with $$$$). I don't think there are any rescue groups in that area, the closest being in Baton Rouge and they will not take them from other Parishes. It is a no win situation for the kitty unless we can find him a home on our own and I WILL be going back to work Tuesday so there is not much I can do from here in 1 day.. Tomorrow I will have to go pick up rental car and start shutting up my house, get to bed early and leaving out in the wee hours Tuesday morning.

Like he said, they already have 5 cats in their house the 28 days I am gone with up to 9 kids at a time under the same roof... They are already overloaded. It is just sad for the kitty. When he gets better, he will end up having to go back outside if they can not find him a home somewhere.

Is Cheech still holding his own or has he gone to a shelter? Dusty- see pm to you!