Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: when your dog barks,, you say??????

when your dog barks,, you say??????

Was wondering what you ladies say when your baby/babies bark like idiots???

I always yell WOULD YOU LEARN TO MEOW????

Re: when your dog barks,, you say??????

Originally posted by LorraineO

I always yell WOULD YOU LEARN TO MEOW????

LOL thats a good one

Emma doesnt bark, but once moco starts barking there is noooo stopping him

I say "Un huhn, and then what happened?"
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Lolly gets excited and happy when she barks. Since she doesn't do it really often, I always let her bark for a few minutes then say "that's enough" and she'll come get a treat for being quiet.

Reece only barks when Lolly does, and most of the time has no clue what he's barking at
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

If they are barking because someone is at the door, or in the driveway, I let them bark for a little. Just to let that person know not to do anything stupid!!

But if they are barking just to make noise, or something, I tell them to "Settle down" Or I say "Ah Ah"

They know when I say that I mean business!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I usually pretend like Samantha and I are having a conversation. She'll bark and I'll say, "No! Are you serious?" and she'll bark again and I'll say, "I can't believe it either!" and she'll bark and I'll say, "I agree, that bitch down the street is a total skank." and so on and so on. My husband thinks it's hilarious.

I say "Quiet".

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

My Giant isn't much of a barker. She barks when someones comes to the door or in the yard.

I start with shh, then settle, then shut the h*ll up! Mandy's bark is like a 'woof' and not too bad but Lacey could break your eardrums! If they have a reason to bark fine but I try to teach them to quiet after I check it out.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

BARK BARK BARK MEANS NOW!

Tawny really only barks when she wants something and she can be demanding. It usually starts with Stop that, then STOPPPPP, then I get up and get her what she wants. Not tooo spoiled, heh! I did teach her about 2 years ago to say please, which is a small woof, but it always starts with her bossy bark. If she barks in the rec room, she shakes her head because it echos back at her. We all get a laugh out of that.

My dogs bark for basically two reasons....either someone is at the door or there is a critter in the woods behind our house. The barking at the door doesn't last very long so I usually don't even bother to tell them to stop. The barking at the critters is another thing, especially if it is late at night or early in the morning (neighbors, you know ). I shout "No Bark!" Sometimes it works with Bella but it never works with Ripley.

Face doesnt bark unless there is good reason & then i will just let him to scare off people approaching the house or whatever, and Rita barks at EVERYTHING, I usually say "Easy Girl" and she'll start wagging her tail and look up at me and she stops.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It's *No Bark* in this house, and those words just rang out a few minutes ago. Sometimes I do say...*That's enough*. These phrases are usually accompanied by a very loud HANNAH
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
    I usually pretend like Samantha and I are having a conversation. She'll bark and I'll say, "No! Are you serious?" and she'll bark again and I'll say, "I can't believe it either!" and she'll bark and I'll say, "I agree, that bitch down the street is a total skank." and so on and so on. My husband thinks it's hilarious.
    That is so funny! If I know it's alright, I say Duke. Then, he usually doesn't stop so I end up yelling "Duke, that's enough!" He doesn't back down easily.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

LOL i do this aswell, when it is OK to bark that is.

At times when it is not fine to bark, say 2am i say "Quiet" if that does not work i then bring out the "Bah" and then if that one does not work they get a "SHUT UP" . "Bah" usualy works though.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*