Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amy

Amy

I didn't tell all of you yesterday but I took Amy to the vet because she seems to be just taking a really bad turn downhill. Her back legs are getting weaker and weaker, she can hardley stand on them anymore without falling over. Her CH (?) condition seems to be progressing at an alarming rate and Saturday, I put her flea treatment on her and that seemed to have knocked her down more. She took to hiding in dark places so I hit the ALARM button and called the vet and took her in. They did blood work to rule out something wrong in the blood and that came back normal so they gave her a shot of cortizone (SP?) and sent her home. They told me to watch her and if she gets any worse to bring her back in. The shot did make her feel a lot better and you could see it in her eyes and how much more she was moving around.

She took a long, long nap last night sitting like this in the picture and when she went to get up, she could hardly work her back legs at all.... (today she is getting around like normal... for her). I was so upset and worried that I quietly watched her trying to get to the food dish... Chester saw me, (with the most concerned look on his face!) watching her with tears in my eyes and he sat and watched ME like my protector and that made me just start crying, which worried him even more. I think he KNOWS she is getting worse and how upset I am over it and he is so worried about both of us. He IS the man of this house and he does his job so well that it is as touching as can be! (Are these not just the smartest creatures?)

Anyway, since I am going to my daughters for the storm, I washed her bed and it fluffed it up TO much for her to want to get on it anymore, instead, she props up on it like this and sleeps.
    I thought making it fulffier, it would be more comfortable for her but I reckon I should have left it alone!

As of 10:15am, the sun is still shinning here and it is getting breezy! My daughter came got a load of my stuff that I am taking to her house and took Chester on over. I will be taking the girls over soon but have to go around the back way since the shorter way is already backed up with traffic. I am just posting now to keep from walking the floor so forgive me for rambeling on.....

My Sweet Amy

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

(((((Laura))))) I am so sorry to hear that Amy is weakening. I can only imagine how worried you are feeling. I wish I had some encouraging words for you but Lord knows what it is you both need and so I will leave that part to Him. Here is another (((((HUG)))) Love to you!

Laura, I'm so sorry to hear that Amy is not doing well. I also wanted to tell you that as a person who gets cortizone shots in my hip, knees and feet after I get the shots I feel so stiff and very, very sore and I kind of wonder if Amy feels the same way. It takes me a good 2 days to get back to normal and they make a world of difference for me...I hope this is the case for Amy as well.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Laura I wish I could give you a big {HUG}. I hope the shot helps Amy to keep feeling better.

From Decker with Love

Laura you have so much stress right now. The storm coming and poor Amy's legs. I know you have to be feeling really down.
    Hopefully the shot will help her in a day or two and she will get back to her old self again.
    Don't worry Laura because I have faith that it will all be ok. I will keep praying for Amy and you keep loving her.
    {{{{{HUGS}}}} to you for all the stress and worry you are going through right now. BIG {{{HUGS}}} to Chester for being the wonderful furry man of the house and watching out for you and Amy. Gentle hugs and kissies to sweet Amy for just being such a sweetheart.
    You all take care and don't forget that we are praying for all of you.
    We love you Laura!!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Poor sweet Amy. It must be so heartbreaking watching her struggle through the day. I'm glad to hear that the cotizone shot made her feel better. Hope you ride out the storm safely, and can get back to a feeling of normalcy fast. (((HUGS))) and gentle kissies for Amy.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Amy and Giz are now at Rie-Rie's house checking out the room they will be staying in until this is all over with. They want to check out the whole house but I am afraid that would be far to stressful on Amy. Chester realized they were there and he headed right to the door of the room they were in and I couldn't get him out before I left to come back and do the last few things and get Samantha. Giz didn't want to get in the kennel with Amy so I had to use the extra one for her and said I would just come back to get Sam

They are telling the ones who should have evuacated, if they haven't gotten out, to just stay put now. This storm is going to throw its effects over a 600 mile span in width, 300 miles on the west side and 300 miles on the east side.(we will be on the west side) New Orleans is soon going to be getting the first band of storms and rain from it so we won't be to far behind but as of right now, it is a beautiful, sunny day with a nice breeze blowing. They said our biggest threat is the flooding in our area. Now, if I can just get my neighbor to pick up all the stuff in their yard behind me and put it away where the wind won't blow it into my house!

Poor Amy, and poor you too! Keeping you all in my prayers.

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Poor sweet Amy. I have no words to make you better, only prayers that you can be pain free.

(((((((((((HUGS))))))))) dear Laura!!! I hate that you are having to run scared from this horrible storm, and I am really concerned for your Amy. It really does seem that when it rains it pours! (No pun intended! ) But also, Laura, I KNOW that Our Father in Heaven is watching over you and your precious Amy and all the others as well. Please try to keep your Faith in Him, and He will see you all through this!

Love to all!
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Oh Laura, I am so sorry to hear about sweet Amy. I hope and pray that she will feel better in a day or two.

Prayers still on the way that you and your family stay safe.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

HEY HONEY,

HOW ARE Y'ALL MAKING OUT? MY PEOPLE GOT IN AT 6 A.M.

IS AMYS CONDITION LIKE ARTHURITIS? (SP ISSUES) MAYBE THE STORM PRESSURE? I SURE HATE TO HEAR THAT YOUR AMY'S FEELING ROUGH POOR GIRL!! I KNOW MY BONES ACHE WHEN IT'S GOING TO RAIN, YOU CAN PREDICT RAIN...
    I HOPE THAT SHOT WORKS WONDERS
    I'VE BEEN PRAYING & WILL CONTINUE!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!! KEEP THE FAITH!!!! BE SAFE!!!!
    KITTY FRIEND
    TAKE CARE, GOD BLESS
    MULTICATMOM

I'm soo sorry Laura... Prayers sent that everything will be okay...

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

Please God,let Amy,be well,her Meowmie would miis her so much! PLEASE!Found Cats,are asking,you,to help this Little Friend,of Ours!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I wonder if cats can get rheumatoid arthritis? CH usually only gets worse to a point, then levels off. Poor Amy. I hope she feels better.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb