Thread: Hi to Mojo

Hi to Mojo

It is good to here from you. I do't think Mojo is any different than any other African Grey. I believe because of ther vast inteligence they are misstaken for alot of things. Be patient It took me about 6 months before Scarlet and I bonded. We started with just pets through the open door to finally coming out of her cage to now kisses and riding on my shoulder. Please don't give up, because the rewards are far greater than the frustration. Scarle t is three and I work with her everyday. Sometimes a new food will throw her into a snit. They say it is because they are very very catious in the wild. Scarlet didn't like misting and first, but I got a bottle for hair and it is a very fine mist. She always complains and comes out of her cage for more go figure. You are lucky to get Mojo to eat other things. She was raised on pellets and she won't eat much else. I finally got her to eat some seeds to get some oil in her skin because it is so dry here. Set in her ways< i quess. in answer to pix. There is a wonderfull site called photobucket.com. It doesn't cost anything and you can post your pix there and cut and paste them into your threads. Let me know how it works. Here is another pix of Scarlet

~Angus~

hello
    i wish he wasnt so scared, hes scared of everthing, and i guess thats cause i keep him in my room all the time, he only sees me and my b/f he is happy in my room, and on his play stand..so i feel no need to take him out of the room, but he hates any strangers, and thats all my fualt. sometimes evenh when i talk to him, he sits there and shakes....all i want id for him to love me, no i dont give yp, i walk away....and then look at him, and i can thate him, i go back and try to love him, but no of course not, hes just gotta bite me, like i said before, he has his days, he was letitng me pet himst night, but then my b/f came and pissed him off, then
    he was all mean, and was biting me too....
    Christine

hello again

He is jelous of your boyfriend. Not uncommon for birds. They are flock animals and mate for life. You are his flock. Angus my cockatoo will not go anywhere near my husband because he poses a threat to what he perceives as his mate. Not like a dog or cat, bird's choose who they want to be with. It is something your b/f has to except. Mojo loves you, and in his mind that's the way it's going to be. My bird's don't come out of their room either. I have a room that is just for them. With 22 birds you have to have that. I play with them there. thay have a stereo, TV and a place where we gather together to watch TV. A thread I posted just a while ago has a bunch of pix of it. None of the bird's are caged and are all paper trained so I don't have the mess. It is a wonderful and unique sitiuation that I have. One that requires a lot of work to keep all species happy. but we have lived in harmony for many years. I liked the ring toy above his cage I don't think I have ever seen one like that. It looks like It keeps hime very busy. Talk to you later
    Last edited by Honkers36; 09-15-2004 at 04:10 PM.
    ~Angus~

hey, thanks for the info, but he'll love my b/f too and let him pick him up and pet him, i guess hes just very moody.....
    ive learned to love him no matter what, and ill just have to put up with his mood swings....

Chrisitne