Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Butter has a lump

Logan - when you first posted about Butter's lump I did think of absess and why I didn't say anything I dont know but I feel bad about that. I had a cat years ago that was always going to the vet because of another cat bite. In this case it was her tail getting bitten all the way through and this happened more than once. The vet said almost always when a cat bites another cat it will turn into an abcess. Sorry I didn't mention this before. But sounds like you now have everything under control. Poor Butter - must have been painful and by the way did I mention that your Butter looks exactly like my Braydee - I was thinking about that last night. Honestly they could be twins - I just wish I could get a picture of him on here. Maybe soon. Good luck with your precious babies

[ October 12, 2001: Message edited by: purrley ]

Oh, Purrley, don't worry about not saying anything. That lump was huge, but there was absolutely no sign that there was any kind of bite, that's why we assumed a sting. And when it went down, I quit worrying. At least he has the medication he needs and he will get better. They didn't have to shave him either, so that was a blessing! If I could only make him stay indoors, without the threat of him tearing up my house, which he would do! And of course, if Mimi is the culprit, which is very likely, it may have happened inside anyway!

Our Butter will be fine, I'm sure. But thanks for the good thoughts..he needs all he can get!! LOL!

Logan and Butter - I'm glad you have an answer now to the lump mystery. After reading so many stories of difficult medical conditions and sad results, its nice to hear that some things are fairly simple to understand and fix, once they are known.

It sure would be easier if our pets could just TELL us whats wrong!!!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

OH Mr. Wonder Butter! What have you gotten yourself into now? You be a good boy and let Momma take care of you. (Kisses and cuddles aren't as bad as you might think!)

Logan, I'm glad the mystery is solved. Poor Butter, seems like he's been through a lot these past couple of weeks. If he'll let ya, give him an ear skritch for me. Give Honey a kiss and tell her to get better as well!

Oh, poor Butter! It must have been so scary to see him all bloody like that!
    I'm so glad this was nothing serious!
    Hope he feels better soon.

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!

Poor Butter! I am glad to hear he is doing better, and the mystery is solved. Give him extra loves today.
    Kedi, Wylie, Rudy, and the dog Scout!

Logan,

I'm so glad that Butter is healing up well ... and that your vet survived the group visit!

Dianne

Oh my...I missed this post! You must have been so terrified! I know I would have been. Poor Butterboy I am glad he's back and feeling better and hope that bump goes away. That must have been a trip to see you with 2 big dogs and Butter at the vets I bet you were exhausted after that experience That's quite a job!

Well you get better, Butter. And Mimi...no more biting!

So glad that Butter is better and that you, the vet, and all the fur-sters survived the visit!

Cyber hugs at ya!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Ha Ha Ha!!! I love all of your responses.

As for isolating him from Mimi, Chuck, I don't think so. They do a pretty darn good job of that on their own, and in Mimi's defense, we have no idea if she is the culprit. But if she is, it is because she feels threatened by him, and always has, even though he NEVER starts anything. But when she starts, he certainly joins in! In fact, I'm surprised she doesn't have an absess too at this point. Please understand that it is not a constant fight at this house, just periodically, not even every day.

Did I tell you guys about the time we found a whole cat claw stuck in his head?????? No joke!!!

He's an indoor/outdoor cat, who should have long since lost his virility and testosterone...10 months later, he is still "all boy", at what is estimated as about 4-5 years old. And like my vet said today, he's a stray, and there are somethings, like fighting, that you will never take away from him. And he did not even suggest that I try to keep him inside. It just isn't possible with his love of paper and destructive nature...when he wants out, he wants out, and frankly I don't have the energy to try and separate them in my small house, and I certainly can't do it when they are both outdoors.

Logan, I too immediately thought of abcess, but since I came on the post late, it had already gone down by the time I read about it, and I figured it probably wouldn't have shrunk if it had indeed been an abcess. So, I didn't say anything either. Bless his little heart. Those things can sometimes make them really sick, so he's lucky this time! Ha ha! I'll pray for his continued recovery.

Glad to hear you have it all figured out the lump and what caused it. Hope things go well now for you!!
    Misty's Mom

Logan, so happy to hear that Butter's diagnosis was not any of the other more serious conditions we talked about! Those abscesses can be so nasty though! Hope the Butter Boy heals quickly and won't require a re-visit! Sounds like he was quite brave and took it rather well! I know, with the 3 of them in tow, YOU were exhausted! What a Mom!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Ohh, Logan and Butter! {{{{{Hugs & Hisses}}}} from Max and his Humans! Mh has a relatively new job that is keeping her VERY busy - so we haven't been reading as often -- or as carefully as we should have! Sorry to hear Butter's been ailing but glad to hear diagnosed.

I know abcesses WAY better than I should - my Dusty (R'bow Br.) was NOTORIUS for them - and the worse was the wounds were inflicted by playing with his "best friend" Albert the ginger tabby! Those two LOVED each other and where one was the other was right there they loved to rough house. Dusty was a long hair'd grey so I could never see his "wounds" until they abcessed. It was very discouraging because he would have to be shaved down etc. medicated, irrigated YUCK! Take care and keep us posted on progress!

Hi, MH! I wondered where you'd been!