Thread: Would this freak you out or am I overreacting?

Threaded View

Would this freak you out or am I overreacting?

So I'm preparing timesheets for submittal like I always do first thing Monday morning. My boss, Eric, came up to me this morning and said "Robyn (his wife) and I scoped out your house yesterday!" I was like, huh?? He went on to say that he overheard me giving someone directions a couple MONTHS ago and while he and Robyn were out yesterday, he decided to drive by. Why? Don't know. To see how nice it was? To see how we kept the yard? To know where I live so he can keep tabs on me when I call out? WTF? He finishes the conversation with "Yeah, I know it was your house because I saw your car**, and Josh's car, and Samantha was in the backyard."

Dude. My freakin' BOSS is scoping out my house!! I talked to one of my coworkers about it and she found it really weird and unsettling too. Seriously, there has to be a reasoning for it. You don't just go look for your employees' houses for no reason.

I *really* don't like the fact that he knows where I live now. I told Josh and his response was "#@$%in' fruitcake", but I'm thinking something a little more than that. Am I overreacting or is this spooky to anyone else?

** My car is pink, and very distinct.
    Last edited by Samantha Puppy; 09-13-2004 at 11:08 AM.