Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New car - same model - am I MAD?

New car - same model - am I MAD?

My car is a 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe and has done over 100 000kms (which it quite a lot in the extreme driving conditions here in Bahrain), so we decided that I should look at a new car.
    This is the existing one (Metallic browny/orange)

I have looked at all the models available and I REALLY like the Lexus RX330, but it's WAY over our budget. The ONLY car I like in the price range I can afford is ANOTHER Santa Fe.
    This is the colour I like - It's a sort of Teal green/blue:

Obviously the interior has changed, and I get to choose a new colour, but do you think I am MAD to get the EXACT same car again - in a different colour??
    Last edited by Ally Cat's Mommy; 09-13-2004 at 10:14 AM.

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

I wouldn't, I'd want to experience something different... but if you really like it, then you should get it.

lol no, We have had GMC Yukons basicaly since i was born. We just kept on upgrading.

Not at all! If you have had good luck with the car, stick with it! I am sure that we'll get another GMC when this truck dies. As far as our Honda Civic goes, I'm upgrading when that puppy dies!

Thank you Wolfie!

I too am one who likes consistancy. I have had and probably will always have a Subaru station wagon. I don't even bother to look at anything else.

LOL! No - its not odd at all! Both my cars are the same make (different models because we needed one large enough for the whole family) Go for it!

I'm the kind of person that loves something and then when I buy something to replace it, I find myself comparing it to the old... then if the new one doesn't quite compare I'd kick myself for the entire time I had it.

I think its fine if you want to get the same model again. My first car was a Toyota Camry. When it got totalled in an accident, I got another Toyota Camry .. a newer model but same color and all! My sister, mom, and dad all have a Camry too now! It'd be nice to maybe try something different, but I'm really happy with my car and see no real reason to switch. They are safe and dependable. I did a lot of research before making the decision. Safety is a major concern for me, so I'm happy with my dependable car.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Not at all!! My first car was a 1976 corvette stingray, and I'd go for the upgraded version, or another of the same, in an instant!! ^_^

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I think that's totally understandable, once I get another new car I'll have either another Civic or finally get a Rodeo, but I looove Hondas!
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*

I think a lot of people do it if they are impressed with the car.
    I know of 2 people off the top of my head who did it without even thinking hard.
    I LOVE Hyandi Santa Fe's!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I don't think there's anything wrong with it--you love the car, right??

You like the car, it's comfortable, safe, looks nice--why not go with the same one???

I like the color you picked out--and I really like the Santa Fe--my neighbor just got one and she LOVES it!!!!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Re: New car - same model - am I MAD?

Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
    Obviously the interior has changed, and I get to choose a new colour, but do you think I am MAD to get the EXACT same car again - in a different colour??
    If you are, so am I!

In 1999 I got a brand new, black Honda Civic EX...when my lease was up, the only thing that changed was that the car was now a 2003 and we bought vs. leasing.

BTW, cute car!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Nothing wrong with that at all! I wish I could stick with a car, but I have this habit of "adopting" older cars that people want to send to the crusher and give em new lives. Sigh...

I don't think I ever want a new car lol

I don't think you're mad. If you love the car, why not get the same model again? I know I would if I was happy with the car.

I think you're quite right. Personally, I hate new cars. I do quite enjoy driving, but only in a car I know. I have to get used to them first. So, if I thought that the car I had was the best available for the money, I wouldn't hesitate to get the same one again!