Thread: Anyone do obedience trials?

Anyone do obedience trials?

I used to show Daphne in 4-H before I was too old (4-H is only for 18 and under) Obedience was part of the shows - it was fun. A lot more fun that conformation, that's for sure! We only got to novice though. But she did pretty well! Anyone else do obedience trials?

And before you say that you can't because you have a mutt - you can show mutts in 4-H if you're a kid, and adults (and kids) can show mutts in UKC, and many other clubs too. Just AKC doesn't allow mutts for some reason.

1 girl, 1 pup, 2 guinea piggies, 1 bunny & 1 turtle!

Not yet. Kai's already learning some of the exercises for the CDX title but he's not too reliable with the retrieve just yet. I guess Kai would be ready for his CD but I'm too lazy to do anything about it (LOL).

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Yep, i have with clover but neither of us enjoyed it so i pulled her out of it. we did get one pass in Encouragement last year but nothing since then. I am entering Elvis in his first trial in November, we have a bit of work to do before then though.

Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

I entered RB Max into a mutt show. u had to be 13 & younger. He won 3rd place for best trick & we got a ribbon.

Cool, I'm not the only one. ^_^

Good luck with Elvis in November. I'm sure he'll do great!

1 girl, 1 pup, 2 guinea piggies, 1 bunny & 1 turtle!

I have shown both my dogs in CKC obedience. Both Emily and Clipse have their novice titles. I love it, it is so much fun. Right now we are working on the retrieve to get ready for the next level. The bad part is that I'm a lazy trainer so who knows if we will ever be ready, LOL Even if we never are ready to compete in Open obedience I am going to take them to the USA to get their AKC novice titles next year.

The ASCA (Australian Shepherd Club of America) also allows mix breeds if they are spayed and neutered I believe.

And then there is AMBOR, an organization just for mixed breeds.
    It stands for American Mixed Breed Obedience Registration

Hope you find something near you, and that you continue to have fun with it.

*Thanks Ashley*

Good luck with Elvis in November. I'm sure he'll do great!
    Thankyou, Elvis is the first dog i have trained in Obedience that actualy enjoys it.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*