Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feline Infectious Peritonitis

I can only echo the others' sentiments. I am so sorry but it was best for Lucy. She is no longer in any pain.

{hugs}

You are in my prayers.

Howiedawn,

No matter how much in your heart and your head you know you did the right thing, you are still hurting. It may even seem overwhelming right now, but it will get better. Little Lucy will love you even more, as she frolics at the rainbow bridge waiting for you, thankful that you let her go at exactly the right time.

Y'all are in my prayers.

Thanks so much for all of your kind thoughts. Everyone is always so nice here, at Pet Talk. It is kind of like family.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails, Explore, Dream.
    -Mark Twain

Dear Howiedawn...Oh I am so very sorry to have missed your post sooner. I can only say how sorry I am for you, losing your beautiful Lucy girl. I had only recently read a lengthy article in ASPCA quarterly about FIP. Perhaps later I will post it a bit later so everyone can learn more about this devastating, very hard to diagnose illness.

I know that now all you can feel is the loss of your baby. My heart goes out to you. My eyes cry for you. I am so, so sorry. Lucy sounds like she was a very special girl. And you, a very special mom. Please know we are keeping you in our thoughts and in our hearts. Love, Sandra, Cody, Star, Mr. B and Oliver.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I only read your post today. I'm so sorry about Lucy. You're all in my thoughts

So sorry to here about Lucy. Loosing a pet is tramatic I know I had lost one 5 years ago, Samantha she was 131/2 years old. We had to put her to sleep to. It was the hardest thing for my husband & I to ever do. Our hearts go out to you and Lucy.

HowieDawn,
    I have been negligent also, not reading an update on this post until now.
    I am so sorry for your pain and grief. I know Lucy will live on in your heart, but you are grieving for having to make such a hard decision. If we didn't love them so much, it wouldn't hurt so bad.
    My prayers are with you. Just love on those other babies. May each day get a little easier for you.

Logan