Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does your dog(s) like to play with balls?

Sesh likes to sometimes play fetch or frisbee. He wouldn't want to do it all day though. His favorite thing is soccer.

Megan never played with toys when she was a puppy, but recently, when I get her really excited, she likes to chew on my blanket or a stuffed animal or sock or something. Sometimes we'll play a little tug-of-war, or have her fetch the stuffed animal or whatever she's playing with lol.

Happys is more of a retreiver then any retreiver breed lol at 10 weeks old she was bringing us everything from stuffies, to balls, to fish water jugs! lol she is extremly obbessed with balls lol she runs flyball for no reward because to her absolutly NOTHING is better then a tennis ball lol Misty likes then but is not as obbessed as Happy, Ripley...we had to put all the tennis balls away in a closet because he will find a bal and use it to get treats, because hwo he was trained to take the ball for flyball is that when he held the tennis ball, he got a treat, and that is how it still works, he gets the tennis ball only to get the treat, so now any tennis ball he see's he grabs it, runs to you, holds it in his moth and clawing at your arm and crying lol Perky is not interested, and Blair likes everything balls included lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Of course!

Of course dogs love to play with balls!!! Who has heard of a dog that doesn't like balls. They say diamonds are a girl's best friend. Well, balls are a dog's best friend. Wait isn't a dog man's best friend? Ok, ok, balls are a dog's second best friend!!!
    ;)

"Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday." - unknown author

Thumbs up

My dog loves to play with dogs!

My Jessie LOVES his ball - in fact he knows were it is at all times - and when it gets under something and he can't get it - he will leave it until you ask him about it. Then he will run to where it is and growl at it, paw at it - come running back to you to get it. Also, he falls asleep with it in his mouth.....

I really need to get some pictures posted....just haven't scanned any in - and I don't have a digital = yet

dogs+balls

My dog is called Becky and she is a Silkie Terrier. Her type of dog is bred to play with balls . She is sooo funny! Whenever she isn't eating or sleeping , she is playing with a ball! She is sooo CUTE!!!

Originally posted by snappy
    My Jessie LOVES his ball - in fact he knows were it is at all times - and when it gets under something and he can't get it - he will leave it until you ask him about it. Then he will run to where it is and growl at it, paw at it - come running back to you to get it. Also, he falls asleep with it in his mouth.....

I really need to get some pictures posted....just haven't scanned any in - and I don't have a digital = yet
    Well I can't wait to see some pictures!!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

Re: dogs+balls

Originally posted by horses_rule
    My dog is called Becky and she is a Silkie Terrier. Her type of dog is bred to play with balls . She is sooo funny! Whenever she isn't eating or sleeping , she is playing with a ball! She is sooo CUTE!!!
    Welcome to Pet Talk horses_rule! And I TOTALLY agree with you! Horses RULE! (hehe) Post some pics of Becky if you can...she sounds really cute!!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

Clover was never realy a ball dog untill we started Flyball, now she loves them but is not obsessed. Elvis on the other hand was made ball mad from a tiny pup and it has paid of because now at Flyball he is so focussed on getting the ball most of the time he forgets to "Herd" the other dogs. He is getting posessive over them now though .

Theodore my Mums little Chi is obsessed aswell, i trained him from a youngster hoping to have a great little height dog for Flyball, but he wont retrieve in public with strangers around, but i am working hard with him. And Penny is not too fussed about retrieving anything alot of the time, unless i get her all excited then she will go after a ball.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Our dogs and puppies love balls...baseballs, tennis, rubber ball, basketballs, footballs you name it...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

YES! All three of mine love balls, but Kiara is NUTSO over them.
    Anywhere there's a ball in motion, she's there! And if it's not in motion, she'll make it!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Originally posted by Kfamr
    YES! All three of mine love balls, but Kiara is NUTSO over them.
    Anywhere there's a ball in motion, she's there! And if it's not in motion, she'll make it!
    Ditto!

Thanks Kay!!

My cat loves to chase the tennis ball hehe( i know he's not a dog) and Buster and Rocky love balls and so does Jenny, Ginger isn't too fond of them!!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

my dog's like to chase anything that they can find especially balls

My puppy is an exellent ball player. Not only does she love to retrieve the ball, but she loves to throw and kick it as well.